A. Avic Q..

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Safe to handle? I mean...I feel kinda dumb asking this, I have handled mine once, very shortly for a new home x-fer...and everyone seems to be handling theirs...I just wanna try some photography and would like a hand shot or 2...easy close ups you see ;)...I guess I'm just asking for some reassurance lol.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Safe to handle? I mean...I feel kinda dumb asking this, I have handled mine once, very shortly for a new home x-fer...and everyone seems to be handling theirs...I just wanna try some photography and would like a hand shot or 2...easy close ups you see ;)...I guess I'm just asking for some reassurance lol.
i wouldnt try it because if it jumps off ya hand and reaches a wall high up in a corner are you going to be able to get it down???? what if it goes in a crack or somethin that you can't get into? I wouldn't risk it. Some people say tarantulas cant climb out of certain tubs with certain surfaces your best bet is if you are going to do this anyway block the drain hole that the water goes down so your T won't end up there then take pictures over the tub..that may work.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol, they are pretty calm.... i think you are pretty safe handling this one.

just don't move fast or blow on the T and you should be good.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i probably feel more comfortable holding my niece's A. avic than any other. Of course it did poop shoot my brother once - LOL. :eek: i took pics of our A. avic outiside while sitting over the grass. They are jumpers so we kept her low so she couldn't get hurt. We also don't use any chemicals on our own lawn. i chose the lawn because it gave me a large open area with no nooks and crannies for hiding or getting lost. As far as the bathtub goes - i can't imagine a tub that an A. avic couldn't climb. Those T's are made for climbing and i recently had an OBT scale a very smoth tile wall over my tub. i still use the tub for rehousing certain T's but no longer have disallusions that it will keep all (especially aboreals) from climbing.

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
true

Their safe to handle but definetly are fast and will jump if nervous. Mine did one time scared me but i was on my bed it just shocked me because i didnt know they could jump even a little haha. But yours is really pretty looking.

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You should be fine. Just have someone else there with you who is comfortable with wrangling T's if they get loose, cause the A. avics can move really fast when they want to.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
fast when they wanna be, jumpers when they wanna be, but overall one of the most docile, calm T's i've ever handled. In fact, i usually have any guests who want to handle a T, handle my A.Avic. They don't flick hairs, but they do shoot poop every once in a while. but if you are an overall confident handler, they will gladly walk around on you.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You should have no problem; Avics are jumpy, but pretty nice little fellers (for the most part).

Just make sure to sit on the floor and move slowly when you do take it out.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They're quick, jump really far for lil spiders! And can kick hairs.

Beautiful spiders tho, and one of the more handleable ones. But all spiders are unpredictable. By handling her you take your own risks

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They do have U hairs yes.They're new world spiders and my A. avic has kicked hairs at me before. Doesn't happy very often though :)

Felix0081

Arachnopeon
You should have no problem; Avics are jumpy, but pretty nice little fellers (for the most part).

Just make sure to sit on the floor and move slowly when you do take it out.
you can handle your avic just take your time and be careful..just do what he ^^ said