A. Avic Help Ideas

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In late February my A. Avic got a broken leg and I wasn't sure what to do. Well the bleeding stopped (it was very little) and seemed to have no other problems. What happened was I was letting a friend look at her and he lifted the lid off the cage. Lilly is very social and came out to see what was going on and it freaked my friend out who in turn dropped the lid and it caught her leg. Now almost two months later she doesn't use that leg at all, she leaves it sticking up in the air. The leg was pinched in two areas, but has not atrophied at all and she can use it if forced but most of the time chooses not to. Could this be a problem in an upcoming molt? Am I worrying for nothing or is there something I can or should do? Thanks.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had close to the same problem with a lid closing, kinking one of her legs, I waited for the next molt to do anything, after the molt, the exo was stuck on that leg, I tried pulling it off and the whole leg snapped off, she survived, so, its a 50/50 gamble as to what to do, Id say wait till the molt and then go from there.

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I should pull the leg off now, but I see that she is getting ready for a molt so I will watch her closely and if there seems to be complications, I will try to remove the leg then.