a. avic and a. metal in a 5 gal

Will a 3" a. avic get along with a 3.5" a. metal in a 5 gal. Both are mellow, handle-able

• Yeah, they'll be fine.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • No, one's gonna get eaten.

Votes: 33 94.3%

• Total voters

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
as long as they're approximately the same size, am i likely to run into trouble?

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not an expert, but from what i have read it's probably best not to put two different speices in the same tank

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If your goal is to mortal combat them and have a winner then go for it. If you want two healthy Ts, then keep them seperate.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd say its possible since Avics are fairly tolernate of each other, but I would go with a bigger tank, just in case.

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if the cage is securely divided in half, then yes. If they are both sharing the exact same terrarium, then totally no. :embarrassed:

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Placing a few cheap A. avicularia together is one thing, but mixing and matching more expensive species is a waste of money. Sooner or later one will die.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Placing a few cheap A. avicularia together is one thing, but mixing and matching more expensive species is a waste of money. Sooner or later one will die.
How exactly is it any different if the species costs more, if they all die its a waste of money anyways, no?

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well, i've seen a. avic setups with many individuals peacably cooexisting... like 10 in a 40 gallon, though they were sharing webs rather than each spinning their own solitary hide. my curiosity in this case was interspecies cohabitation within the avicularia genus. apparently a 23:1 majority at this point thinks its a bad idea! :p

cheers! :D
- munis

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thought that I could keep a communial tank of Versicolors together, three to be exact.... left for winter vacation back to my hometown for 12 days. When I came home there was one fat T, one skinny T, and one goo ball. Probably would have been alive if I would have come home a day earlier... so it is really my fault. I would say as long as you keep them well fed there would be no problems, but you never know for sure!!

Kagekumo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah a good rule of thumb to remember is one i like to call the thunderdome rule. Two spiders go in one comes out!

All you'll gain is one fat spider

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
well, i've seen a. avic setups with many individuals peacably cooexisting... like 10 in a 40 gallon, though they were sharing webs rather than each spinning their own solitary hide. my curiosity in this case was interspecies cohabitation within the avicularia genus. apparently a 23:1 majority at this point thinks its a bad idea! :p

cheers! :D
- munis

Usually what happens is those that are coexisting are from the same sac and always lived together, the tend to be slightly more tolerant of each other in those circumstances but again no guarentee that the will all stay that way.