"8-Legged Freaks" - accuracy?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
To answer a question, Tarantulas are capable of "spitting" or "shooting" web at you, My Avicularia laeta (1"+) has done it to me, really neat!

I thought 8LF was ok, but they got alot of things wrong, sorry to tell you guys but heres my story---as a kid i loved bugs insects spiders, ect. So on August of 2002 I went to see 8 legged freaks with a girl friend, and it inspired me even more, which brought me here, so i guess i liked it, but it is on my top 50 list;)

James

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A.Avic?

Hi

Wasn't it an A.Avic that "kills" him in the beginning in the big spider room, that crawls up on his back=D =D =D

pixi14369

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought the movie was great...it was more of a monty python style, hence the barking, and screaming spiders.....Its too bad that the jumping spiders dont get as big as they were in the begining when they were in the terreriums...

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by pixi14369
I thought the movie was great...it was more of a monty python style, hence the barking, and screaming spiders.....Its too bad that the jumping spiders dont get as big as they were in the begining when they were in the terreriums...
This is a cult classic...I have the scenes that got cut on the used VHS I bought for $1, not missing much!