8" A. brocklehursti

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
good to go.. everything went smoothly and shes a beaut. prob due for a molt but all in all..........:}{D

Zman181

Arachnoknight
well... here is all 8" of her {D View attachment 90702 what are your opinions... note segment 2 of her back legs***********note this is DEF for transportation only. i got her a fresh made home WITH SUBSTRATE LOL at the house... this is how she cames
:D Exciting! She looks HOT Look forward to viewing more pics when she settles.

synyster

Arachnobaron
Wow nice score:D Definately worth the 60$... update those pics soon!

*posted too late but woulda loved to see a 12" LP:rolleyes:

vegeta04

Arachnopeon
its a great deal at 60 but I would be more concerned about how long he has had her for. She could be be an old girl at the end of her days. I would ask him about that especially since your adding to your collection. It would be a bummer to lose her in a couple years. Besides raising from a sling is half the fun. I never go bigger than 3"

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

its a great deal at 60 but I would be more concerned about how long he has had her for. She could be be an old girl at the end of her days. I would ask him about that especially since your adding to your collection. It would be a bummer to lose her in a couple years. Besides raising from a sling is half the fun. I never go bigger than 3"

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow nice score:D Definately worth the 60$... update those pics soon!

*posted too late but woulda loved to see a 12" LP:rolleyes:
nice score indeed :D and i HAVE NEVER SEEN A 12" L.p but would DEF be a sight to behold... i dont doubt theres some floatin around maybe the guy was tellin fishermans tales...maybe not.. i dont doubt this girls a good 8" as advertised

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

new question... ive still been talkin to the original owners of this big girl and they say theyve had her since a sling... 3 years ago... is it normal for a female to get to this size at 3 years? id bet my life its a female judging by ventral sexing... also IS THIS TS BUTT SUPPOSED TO BE THE SIZE OF A SOFTBALL lol the original owner said they mostly fed crix/roaches and theyd offer a pinkie maybe once a month ? maybe thats where the girth came from

Last edited:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=1152654&postcount=12..............hmm... maybe A. genic afterall?? im tyrin to base off the stripes on the 2nd segment of hind legs.... the pics in this attachment ARENT of my t, i will post some more of mine TOMORROW probably. SHES FREAKIN HUGE and bulky... def the largest t ive owned so far... after gettin rid of my parahybana and only owning 10 slings/juvies for a while this girls a big change.... i think i kinda prefer slings... may trade her off well see... i only got her so shed have a good home

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
but DAMN lol ive seen pics of huge abdomens but NEVER was prepared for one in real life... its like a softball lol. my first question was is she gravid but they said shes never been bred. her female parts are DEF evident and they actually protrude a bit? is that normal? ill post my pics lol

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=1152654&postcount=12..............hmm... maybe A. genic afterall?? im tyrin to base off the stripes on the 2nd segment of hind legs.... the pics in this attachment ARENT of my t, i will post some more of mine TOMORROW probably. SHES FREAKIN HUGE and bulky... def the largest t ive owned so far... after gettin rid of my parahybana and only owning 10 slings/juvies for a while this girls a big change.... i think i kinda prefer slings... may trade her off well see... i only got her so shed have a good home
I think that pic was a representation of slings.
A. Brock is almost identical to A. Genic .
She looks nice ! 3 yrs huh ? Y question it she looks healthy and well fed.
I accidentally got an A. brock sling and that lil thing is quickly becoming my fav !
well actually is my fav now ha. :)

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I have to say that as of the last molt my A. brock has the stripes in question on all his legs - they were not present until this last molt on the two back legs.
IMO the difference between the two sp is genic is more black whereas the brock is more pink or salmon tinted.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah. mine is black and the white on her is almost pinkish/creamy colored.. real pretty in person

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

and btw thank to all for advice and lendin me some knowledge.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
k so cant really swear by 8" cuz i cant get her to stretch out fully and she still hasn't eaten.. doesn't look like premolt yet but truthfully idk ... she ate 3 days before i got her. haven't really been peekin in on her because i want her to make herself at home still. View attachment 90739

View attachment 90740

synyster

Arachnobaron
I don't think thats an 8 incher ;P

The abdomen looks nice and healthy. Well fed for sure but nothing to worry about. Just make sure to not powerfeed that T cause it could lead to problems. Pretty sure it's A.geniculata too ;)

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It does look like a geniculata but either way you did good with that purchase.Very nice.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah.. im not seeing it either. i bought it sight unseen and haven't really been messing with/ peeking at her yet. im guessin shes about 6.5 ish or so when shes fully stretched. but ive only seen her flattend out once. im not sure how often these ts molt at this size but ill DEF be posting pics... if i keep it around that long. shes beautiful , but now i mostly own and want arboreals. plus i like having my ts from sling sized. the only large t thats terrestrial i really like is parahybana.

Last edited: