8" A. brocklehursti

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
im tryin to work a local deal off craigslist. a guy has a 8" female A. brocklehursti for sale... how much is a good deal on one of these.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

nobody? i just wanna know if 60 is too much... i guess the guy can no longer keep the thing.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yea almost too good to be true.. hes sayin dealers would charge 200 but its very sketchy buyin things (especially ts) off craigslist... im no expert at sexing, but imma assume at 8" IT'S GOTTA BE A GIRL right? it woulda hooked out and prob be dead by now if it was a male

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yea, u can tell easly at that size it might be mis-ID too most likely lol or else u got ur self one luckey deal

synyster

Arachnobaron
Or you finally unpack a 5" male. Some people are really off the hook with T sizes... Ask for a pic next to a ruler and then deal with him IMO

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well itll be a in person deal... i know what 8" looks like.. im just more worried about the mis id cuz they often get mixed with other species.. either way a large female t for 60 is a steal

synyster

Arachnobaron
well itll be a in person deal... i know what 8" looks like.. im just more worried about the mis id cuz they often get mixed with other species.. either way a large female t for 60 is a steal
Well then I agree. I didn't know it was a pick-up ;)

Probably mis-sized or a geniculata
+1. These are often mistaken with A.brocklehursti. They just get named "zebra tarantula" :rolleyes:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, he has a pic posted but its too dark he originally called it a black and white so i was thinkin N. coloratovillius ... i called to ask him and he said A. brocklehursti... well see... either way im winning imo.. 60$ to add a large female of close to ANY KIND of t to my collection is cool...PLUS i get to help a t get a good home

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

well.. after talkin to the guy through text i take his word for it... i guess hes got 51 ts currently and this girl i may buy is his 3rd biggest ... hes sayin he got a 11" true blondi and a 12" L.p i dont know bout a 12"lp but anythings possible..........or his ruler is broke lol

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup ill show it off lol... i guess hes a member here... imma look him up in a sec

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

guess his name is fireblade.... i checked him out..while he IS A MEMBER he has no pics, no friends, no posts, no reviews... idk.. guess hes a ghost lol... either way ill see the t in person before buying so....

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
k so after all the research ive been doin , i am left to wonder WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN/DISTINGUISHING FACTORS IN A. brocklehursti and A. geniculata? they look almost identical, they both get same size, they both need same housing, and produce same #offspring

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think both species reach the same size, about 8" max. $60 is a good price for a big female but you have no idea how old it is. It may die of old age any day now. Or it may live for years, you never know. But if it is what they say it is, sounds pretty sweet.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well shouldnt i be able to tell by lookin at her if shes on her way out the door? in my mind i think of a busted , scraggly lookin t if its on its death bed.. never had one that was real old so not sure

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well... here is all 8" of her {D View attachment 90702 what are your opinions... note segment 2 of her back legs***********note this is DEF for transportation only. i got her a fresh made home WITH SUBSTRATE LOL at the house... this is how she cames

Last edited:

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Looks like a Brock. Can you get a better pic when you rehouse? She does look pretty big.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah.. ill prob wait till fri/ sat though .. give her time to get used to new home before feeding and pics.. :D