55 days and counting

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well,
Today I counted the number of baby A versicolors that were in the first egg sac, and there are 85+ or - a few. They are at day 55 and are all ready to molt out into Spiderlings. Here is a picture for you viewing pleasure.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Attachments

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And here is the second sac also darkening up, this one is 4 days behind the first one up there.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Attachments

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Possibly Dumb Question: Do you feed them at this size?

Maybe this is an obvious yes or no but I really don't know...

kellygirl

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
NICE!!!!

Can't wait till your ready to let some go :)

Good luck and keep the pics coming !!

peace,
dave :)

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Brandon, I realy apprciate your pics and threads that you share. Good luck with those babies. Do you double up on those paper towels or are the eggs good on one? They dont fall threw?

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kelly,
They dont eat entell they molt into spiderling. There just well developed eggs with legs. ;)

Philth,
One paper towl has worked fine for me. If it gets wet enough for them to fall threw then there is something wrong.

RugbyDave,
Im taking orders for them whenever you want to buy. They will be molted and ready to ship next week. So if you want some drop me a line.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Brandon
Well,
Today I counted the number of baby A versicolors that were in the first egg sac, and there are 85+ or - a few. They are at day 55 and are all ready to molt out into Spiderlings. Here is a picture for you viewing pleasure.

And a pleasure it is to view the cute little buggers!

Joy

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all,
I think I have a dumb question here too, but I don't know much about the 'eggs with legs' phase. Are they producing venom at that stage? Are their fangs fully developed? Since they aren't eating yet, I'm guessing no, but I'm still curious..
They're looking cute,
Paul

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Paul,
don't know the answer, but would suspect not, since they are still embryo-like.
I'm 30 days behind Brandon with my eggsac (damn, your male was sure productive!)
Mine have just gotten their 'legs' but aren't mobile. They can lie there and wave them in the air, that's about it.