5-vs 10 gal for mystery t enclosure?

What size tank do you prefer?10 or 5 gallon

• 10 gallon

• 5 gallon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Let me think. I'm going to try to list off the top of my head what my mum is currently keeping. I live with her when I'm in her area, so I suppose the Ts there are my homies too...
M. balfouri, More LPs than I'll ever be comfortable with (mum collects these), I. mira, A trio of H. villosella, Pumpkin patches of various colors and patterning, a Curly Hair who behaves an OBT, a large A. chalcodes who's been around since the early 90s, and my favorites...
C. darlingi (SnootleBoon), C. Marshalli (PartyBoon), C. sanderi (ButtonBoon), and C. bracycephalus (YarmulkeBoon)
I’m thinking of giving this t a new cage but should I rehouse now or wait til it molts ?? Could be months until it molts.
I’ve got a 10 gal I’m preparing for it , know any way to modify screen so it’s non stick??? Can claws get stuck in Zilla lids? I’ve never seen it happen but don’t want to risk anything… IMG_3613.jpeg IMG_3614.jpeg

Last edited:

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
Take for a moment and size up your buddy's leg span and compare it to their current enclosure. If the enclosure is less than 3x their leg span or smaller, they might be ready for a new home soon, depending on their size. I don't know how big your buddy has grown now, but if they are not in pre-molt and have an enclosure that's only about 1.5x their leg span or smaller, a new home is going to need to be exceptionally soon for their comfort. It seems that other posters have mentioned dimensions like this, and a good rule of thumb is to have about 2.5x to 3x leg span in width and at least 2x to burrow.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Take for a moment and size up your buddy's leg span and compare it to their current enclosure. If the enclosure is less than 3x their leg span or smaller, they might be ready for a new home soon, depending on their size. I don't know how big your buddy has grown now, but if they are not in pre-molt and have an enclosure that's only about 1.5x their leg span or smaller, a new home is going to need to be exceptionally soon for their comfort. It seems that other posters have mentioned dimensions like this, and a good rule of thumb is to have about 2.5x to 3x leg span in width and at least 2x to burrow.
The spider is around 5.2-5.5” and should be 6” after its next molt . The 5 gallon has 33% -50 % less ground space I think then a 10 gallon but I’m not 100% certain. It’s definitely time for a new cage it’s too big for a 5 gallon.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
It molted finally was 1-2” bigger then I thought it was 5” but was bigger . I’m really surprised the body size isn’t bigger but it looks like it has growth to go .
mystery as to which lasiodora it is ??im pretty certain it’s one but I posted
The molt close up in the sexing forum .
IMG_3762.jpeg IMG_3772.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Good news molted and it’s stretched out now testing out it’s new size !7” according to the molt . you were right these lp get huge it’s the size of my old
One that I lost from a tumor . No way it’s even stocky enough to be full sized . IMG_3933.jpeg IMG_3924.jpeg IMG_3921.jpeg