!

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
can someone post a few links to a reputable Canadian Breeder? preferably in, or near Alberta?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I think I have links to a couple Canadian dealers in the links section.

Scott

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont know any really reputable breeders but the guy at the local exotics shop that I frequent has lots of good contacts. He would also do mailorder for you for fairly cheap and he can get anything.

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
does he have an email address or anything i can get a hold of him with?

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Dean,

E-mail me i can get you in contact with the best canadian spider dealer, the one ive been using --> Chris' Creepy Crawlies. E-mail me at

mschlosser@shaw.ca

Mark

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My bad, either way, nothing to loose by checking out what he has and seeing if he wants to buy something.

Mark

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I believe he asked for a breeder and not a dealer.
That wasn't very nice. I think it would be in his best interest to have a choice, one might prove to be more worth than the other in certain areas and vice versa.

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well, i was just asking for a breeder, because i dont especially like dealers, pet shops, etc. They always seem to just want to make a sale, and dont really care about the animal or the person buying it. I just assumed a breeder would be more interested in getting his T to a good home. But if this dealer is a good guy to go to, then i'll check him out. Wheres he located?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Living in the states, I've never dealt with him, but in his review on this site, noone says anything but good things about him:

http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=328

And also, I think when it comes to Breeder/dealer in the tarantula hobby, you'll find most dealers are also breeders, atleast in some way. Heck, most of the more experienced hobbyists on this board are breeders, for that matter :)

Bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Dean W
well, i was just asking for a breeder, because i dont especially like dealers, pet shops, etc. They always seem to just want to make a sale, and dont really care about the animal or the person buying it. I just assumed a breeder would be more interested in getting his T to a good home. But if this dealer is a good guy to go to, then i'll check him out. Wheres he located?
Breeders and dealers are largely synonymous in the T trade *but* no one person does enough breeding to support any kind of a business in and of themselves. Outside of the shops it's a network of hobbyists who breed and then sell stock to the main dealers, importers who provide wild caught specimens to dealers, professional scale breeders of a handful of species who distribute amongst the major dealers and/or wholesalers, dealers who also breed some favorites or their own, etc. The invert hobby bears very little resemblance to scenarios like dog sales so I would caution you against thinking of it like that.

Petstores are what they are with tarantulas because they don't know any better, but people who do this on the side over the internet and through specialty shops are doing it because they love the hobby, not because they're getting rich off of it.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
See, whatever I want to say Chip always says better.

Will you be my publicist if ever I become famous Chip?

Bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Will you be my publicist if ever I become famous Chip?
Sure, so long as you're rich and famous (and not stingy with the paycheck ;))