4" G. Pulchripes and 2.5" G. Rosea care

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Hey everyone, I just got a couple Ts from a member on here. I was planning on selling or trading those but it seems I may have to hold on to them for a little while. I'm wondering what these guys need in terms of humidity. Is 1-2 crickets a week okay for them? The G. pulchripes is in a KK that's 7" tall, 6" wide and 10" long. The G. rosea is in a KK that is 5" Tall 3.3" wide and 6" long.

I'm honestly starting to fall for the rosie though...;)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
They require really low humidity. Make sure that the water dish is always full and overflow it idk once a month or so. Maybe a bit more frequent with G. rosea due to her being still relatively smallish. No misting whatsoever. Just the dish. That's it.
1-2 crickets a week is plenty, although you will notice G. rosea having fasting periods that could last up to a year.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
*sigh* yeah I know. These are the very first Ts to be in my possession and I like them even though the G. Rosea is finicky and the G. Pulchripes gets pretty big. What are good prices in USD for these??

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
*sigh* yeah I know. These are the very first Ts to be in my possession and I like them even though the G. Rosea is finicky and the G. Pulchripes gets pretty big. What are good prices in USD for these??
ahh they are great regardless. :)

Idk about the prices in usd cause I live in Europe... @cold blood ?

LeonExotic

Arachnopeon
Rose Slings can range between 5-10 locally depending on the size. Gray adults can range 25-35 and red phases I've seen up to 40. G. Rosea is one of my favorite, and my first ever T.

For Humidity I just mist once or twice a week. 1/4 ish of the enclosure wall/substrate as I currently only have Rose slings. 1-2 crickets a week is fine, but a good indicator of whether they're going to eat will be how they are behaving. Usually they'll sit out in a more open area with their abdomen slightly raised. If you see this posture, it means they're ready to eat.

As was stated, G. Rosea has a habit of cutting off eating, sometimes for months at a time. They are also prone to gluteny (so I've read, never have experienced any issues there myself).

cold blood

Staff member
yeah, dont mist either of these species...like ever...moisture should be provided in a water dish...simple as it comes.

Both are inexpensive..adult female pulchripes can be had for under $100 easily...slings are cheap, too....rosies are worth about half what pulchripes are.

LeonExotic

Arachnopeon
yeah, dont mist either of these species...like ever...moisture should be provided in a water dish...simple as it comes.

Both are inexpensive..adult female pulchripes can be had for under $100 easily...slings are cheap, too....rosies are worth about half what pulchripes are.
I only mist as slings. Why is that bad for them?

cold blood

Staff member
I only mist as slings. Why is that bad for them?
Because they dont like or require it.

Too much moisture can cause all kinds of issues for arid species...pulchripes can deal a little better than a rosie, but still do best dry.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight

How much would you pay for the pulchripes?? I was offered $30 for it. Is that reasonable??

cold blood

Staff member
How much would you pay for the pulchripes?? I was offered $30 for it. Is that reasonable??
depends on the size...slings would be $15 or less...juvies 30-40...an adult female generally runs $70-90....$30 for a 4" one is good ..just be sure its not male as a male that size could be penultimate.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
It's 4 inches. Possibly female

depends on the size...slings would be $15 or less...juvies 30-40...an adult female generally runs $70-90....$30 for a 4" one is good ..just be sure its not male as a male that size could be penultimate.
Would that affect the price??

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
The male being penultimate
penultimate means it will mature next molt....so if its a penultimate male, you will need to start looking for a female to send him to as his life nears the end....$40 isnt all that bad though as its basically what a mm pulchripes is worth to a breeder so its worth the chance. The confirmed female i bought back in the day that was male was $39.99...so for me it was worth it regardless.