2nd T?

looking4ts

Arachnopeon
I've had my chaco for a week now. Love her! Thinking of getting another one already. Any suggestions?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How 'bout G pulchra.......... a rockin' start on an awesome collect of Grammos! :)

looking4ts

Arachnopeon
They're pretty easy to care for, big, and docile right? 'Cause that's what I'm looking for.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My only experience so far is a little with iheringi and nearly a year with pulchra. These two are ultra-easy to keep and reportedly get around 7.5" to 8" and proportionately massive- although iheringi longer-legged, somewhat like pulchripes. Might as well try one of those as well!

edit- Docile? Is a tortoise docile? However, just like rosea there will always be testy to downright psycho indivs. 0-:

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Well you've got one terrestrial you might like to try an arboreal.You just can't go wrong with Avicularia.avicularia.They are inexpensive very docile and a cool species to keep.they can from what some will tell you be hard to care for. But in my experience That is not true,keep the humidity up provide proper ventilation and you should have no problems.They can be rather fast so that is something you may want consider before buying.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brachpelma albopilosum or a Lasiodora parahybana.

B. albo- Look great, unique curled hairs, and they are quite the little bulldozer. They will move dirt around and dig constantly. And I believe they kick hairs less than the other Brachypelma species. I love mine.

LP- They get BIG. And when they do, they sit out in the open and make a great display T. They eat like a dump truck and grow like weeds. You can get a sling up to 6 or 7" in a year I believe (Not too sure, I got mine already as an adult.) They are a bit skittish, and known for kicking hairs, but mine has never once kicked a hair at me. All around great spider and probably my favorite from my collection.

Plus you'll be able to get them both because they are really cheap as slings. So go ahead and order both, you know you want to ;)

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachpelma albopilosum or a Lasiodora parahybana.

B. albo- Look great, unique curled hairs, and they are quite the little bulldozer. They will move dirt around and dig constantly. And I believe they kick hairs less than the other Brachypelma species. I love mine.

LP- They get BIG. And when they do, they sit out in the open and make a great display T. They eat like a dump truck and grow like weeds. You can get a sling up to 6 or 7" in a year I believe (Not too sure, I got mine already as an adult.) They are a bit skittish, and known for kicking hairs, but mine has never once kicked a hair at me. All around great spider and probably my favorite from my collection.

Plus you'll be able to get them both because they are really cheap as slings. So go ahead and order both, you know you want to ;)
I can't even look sideways at my LP without getting itchy. I don't recommend that T for anyone with even slight allergies.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
*cheers for Pulchra*
Pros:
Amazing Color
Vigorous Eater
(with my personal knowledge) Fast[ish] Grower
Does Not Flick Urticating Bristles Well
Grows Large

Cons:
Not Cheap (I got my sling at 1.5 in. for $35)

Shaka

Arachnopeon
My 2 cents, go for Brachypelma Smithi (Mexican Red Knee), Grammostola Pulchra (Brazilian Black a beauty!) or even Nhandu Chromatus (Brazilian Red & White), neither are too expensive but all are easy to keep, goog looking and entertaining.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. pulchra.

Mine eats all the time, and its super calm, only 3" right now.

I got mine for 80$CAD when it was 2" right before the molt.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
+1 for B. Smithi! Ours is awsome!!! She eats everything we give her, which is truely amazing. Sometimes, my brother doesn't tell me he fed her and when I get home, she gets another cricket ;P She's kinda like a garbage disposal, only more efficient :D And not too mention, alot better looking :rolleyes:

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would suggest Brachypelma baumgarteni of you are going with the Brachypelma spp.

If you want somehing big that also grows fast and likes to eat i would suggest the Pamphobeteus spp.