???

Tar

Arachnosquire
I am a beekeeper and to keep ants out of the beehives we use cinnamon powder. Apparently it's not poison, the ants just won't cross it. Maybe something to look at
I know that, that's what I always use :)

Tar

Arachnosquire
Only other thing I can think of is temperature and hydration? What is the highest temperature in the room where the t's are. Was the waterdish full when you found him? How much Webbing was gone?
Waterdish was full,the webbing was still somewhat there but it looked like it fell or he took it down,I am not sure of the temperature as it may vary but it is pretty hot here in the Philippines(at least where I live)

Tar

Arachnosquire
Sorry, but there is not much info to go on here. Your T was doing fine before this incident, and stopped eating as it may have been going into a molt. Now, the T is dead with no body to be found since ants took it. We need a Tarantula Sherlock Holmes for this case :D At least, do you have any pics of the enclosure? May give us some clues if it wasn't ants ;)
The enclosure's other side was full of ants from the dead T so I threw the substrae away before the ants could go to my other T's.(Sorry for the late reply I was at school.)

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Sometimes they die with no explanation. I recently lost an H lividus. No clue why. The conditions were good.

As far as fighting ants, I feel your pain. Nothing works in my house with sugar ants. Everyone swears by Terro. It is like fine wine to them. The don't touch homemade bait with Borax and powdered sugar. First time this winter and spring they invaded the area around my T collection. I kept them out of enclosures. They nested around the Terro bait. One day several weeks ago, they moved on. Still around other parts of the house, the war continues. My T's are in the basement. Upstairs, it's full on chemical warfare. Cedar oil is the best. Pricey though.