2 scorpions in the same tank??

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
The only communal species I've heard of are the two largest Pandinus species, imperator and dictator, which, if I'm not mistaken, can both even be kept with each other. Most scorpion species are cannibalistic and routinely eat each other whenever they get the chance.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There are many species that can be kept communally as adults. Tityus, Centruroides, Hottentotta, etc are examples of genera that are generally tolerate. Like other say, it absolutely depends on the species.

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
Those are often kept communally so you should be fine but I think you might want to get a larger enclosure. Most of the people I know who have kept them, kept them in atleast a 10 gallon if they had 2 or more

RTTB

Arachnoprince
There is quite a large list of communal scorpions.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I keep all my AFS species separately, unless doing a breeding attempt. Just be sure to give them multiple hides, adequate space and a few feeders to avoid cannibalism.
However, I have 6 adult C. gracilis in a 10 gallon tank. Oddly all 6 are sharing the same cork hide, front left in photo.

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I keep all my AFS species separately, unless doing a breeding attempt. Just be sure to give them multiple hides, adequate space and a few feeders to avoid cannibalism.
However, I have 6 adult C. gracilis in a 10 gallon tank. Oddly all 6 are sharing the same cork hide, front left in photo.
I thought it was odd that all 3 of mine shared the same cork tube. Everyone highly recommended multiple hides which I did. But 90% of the time they all stayed huddled up

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I just have 1 tiny T stig. I will order a few more from the same person too when I get a communal enclosure set up

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I thought it was odd that all 3 of mine shared the same cork tube. Everyone highly recommended multiple hides which I did. But 90% of the time they all stayed huddled up
Very often they will do this, but it is important to have multiple hides in the event that they do want to get away from each other.