2 new Ts to the collection!

LCDXX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm so excited! My wife just bought me an Usambara and a Costa Rican Zebra!!!

I'm still setting up things in their respective tanks, but hopefully I'll have pics to share with everyone soon!

LCDXX

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Always nice to expand the collection.I wish I had a wife like yours when it comes to T's.Mine won't buy for me.It was a challenge enough to just have them in the house..lol..She says.."you want them..you buy them"..lol...But everyday she looks and takes interest in them more and more.Maybe there's hope for some freebie T's from her yet..lol..post them pics so we can have a look-see....peace..

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
my bf hasn't bought me any Ts, but he has bought me a number of boas and a rabbit. :)

bodisky

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah my hubby used to look the other way. Now he is getting more curious. He is even going with me to the ATS conference where he will be surrounded by hundreds of spiders. The true test...
Kerry

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats on the new T's.
I think we are all like a kid on Christmas day when it comes to getting a new T.=D

I guess I can blame my wife for getting me into them, she bought me my first one.

Last edited:

LCDXX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay, yesterday ended up being complete and utter overkill in terms of excitement. No sooner than I get my Usambara and the Zebra setup in their new (albeit temporary at this) cages, my Asian Forest scorpion babies have just started to separate from their mother. So...

Tonight I'm gonna go get deli cups for the little guys and gals and split them up... then I'm gonna take my Emperor out of his temp housing (I took him out until the mommy Asian got the nymphs under control), put him back into the tank with the Asian (they cohabitate nicely), then I'll take the Emp's temp encloser, install a partition and then move the two new Ts into there.

But after talking with the folks at the petstore, I realized they'd just gotten them in stock so they are likely to be pretty stressed at this point from the transit. I'll most likely wait a few weeks before taking them out of their critter keepers and introducing them to yet another surrounding.

The lady at the petstore was apparently pretty ignorant (suprise!) when my wife told her to be careful with the Usumbara because he/she was dangerous. The lady scoffed at her for her "assumption" that it was dangerous because the whole time she was there, the Usumbara hadn't moved. Fast forward 15 minutes later and there were 4(!!) people trying to get 1 tarantula out of a 2 gallon tank. My wife said that the moment she first opened up the enclosure, it looked like a bright orange fireball coming at this lady with big teeth and an insane attitude. LOL!

As for the Zebra, he/she is pretty skittish, but easy to handle and move about. Of the two, this one was more of an impulse buy - I've gone on and on about an Usumbara for weeks now and could identify one just by my ramblings alone... but then she saw this A. Seemani in a cage on the opposite side of the store and she fell in love with its skeleton-like design. It was suprisingly cheap, too, at only $20 (not bad considering it came from a petstore and it's about 4").

LCDXX

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Mike G.,

You might want to duck....because here it comes :)

Jeff

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by pelo
Always nice to expand the collection.I wish I had a wife like yours when it comes to T's.Mine won't buy for me.It was a challenge enough to just have them in the house..lol..She says.."you want them..you buy them"..lol...But everyday she looks and takes interest in them more and more.Maybe there's hope for some freebie T's from her yet..lol..post them pics so we can have a look-see....peace..
That's just what my husband did... and now he buys them for me for Christmas! His only problem now is that I keep getting more and it keeps getting more difficult to find one I DON'T have!

And I'm ducking... go ahead skadi, NAIL HIM!!!;P