2 mismoults in a row with Jumping spiders

LungSusage

Arachnopeon
I had 3 Regal / Otiosus hybrids jumping spiders and now only have one. They are siblings and the two that died both got stuck in their moult. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Their enclosures hold humidity well, my room stays nice and warm and I don't bother them at all unless I know they are ready to eat. Also I mist their enclosures every other day. I feel absolutely terrible. I also have one regal jumping spider, but it has moulted a couple times just fine. Could it possibly be the hybrid breed that's causing these issues?

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
There are very few friends of hybrids here, i personally would probably just euthanize them but i can relate with you that it is sad if one of your animals doesn't make it. The fact that they are hybrids could have made them more susceptible to this but i am not familiar enough with the care of jumping spiders to voice a definitive opinion. Good luck and i hope you get the help you are seeking.

Misting the right way can be a challenge and depends on the animals needs.

Scp682

Arachnoknight
Sounds like a culture issues or just bad luck. Jumper slings have a high mortality rate.
There are very few friends of hybrids here, i personally would probably just euthanize them but i can relate with you that it is sad if one of your animals doesn't make it. The fact that they are hybrids could have made them more susceptible to this but i am not familiar enough with the care of jumping spiders to voice a definitive opinion. Good luck and i hope you get the help you are seeking.

Misting the right way can be a challenge and depends on the animals needs.
Phidippus regius-otiosus is a natural, common hybrid where their ranges overlap, so it's a little different.

I'm also curious about your misting habits, sounds like you're keeping them way too wet. humidity isn't really something you should be concerned about.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I didn't know that but i stand by what i said.

i wasn't trying to be condescending or anything, still thanks for the heads up

Scp682

Arachnoknight
I didn't know that but i stand by what i said.

i wasn't trying to be condescending or anything, still thanks for the heads up
it's all good I didn't take it as that. Generally you'd be on point but you just didn't know about this particular instance, nobody knows everything i need to be corrected on things all the time. However they are closely related species that establish mixed populations abundantly so i tend to think it's another issue in this case, i could be wrong but it's unlikely.