1st scorpion...very nice emperor...Picture inside.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hate emperors too. I wouldn't have so many scorps if it wasn't for that species {D

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think EAD063 meant the user Emp.scorpions, not the species. He was acting like an impatient kid, asking for useless information, refusing to use the search function, AND posting numerous threads just like those in the space of a few hours.

I commend your quick defense to a great starter species, by the way. :)
I most likely misread his post and I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

I'm fairly certain that when i was new to the boards I made posts exactly like what Emp. scorpions did. I can see how aggravating it can become seeing a huge group of "spam" posts, but i think there has to be a better way than immediately reply with "use the search button", especially in reply to a person's first posting.

Regardless if other people think P imps are a crap species, I'll always have a couple... if for no other reason than they are a good starter species.... well that and lets face it.... it's always nice to root for the underdog....

jeroenkooijman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm only hoping it is indeed a dead specimen of a Androctonus or so.

But coming on P. imperator, after keeping a lot of different species of scorpions and owning about 60 scorps. The imperator is my favorite scorpion.

Can't tell you why but as soon as I see an imperator, I can't take my eyes of it. :D

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm only hoping it is indeed a dead specimen of a Androctonus or so.

But coming on P. imperator, after keeping a lot of different species of scorpions and owning about 60 scorps. The imperator is my favorite scorpion.

Can't tell you why but as soon as I see an imperator, I can't take my eyes of it. :D
Ever seen a swammerdami in person??? That'll kill the love quick!;)

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm fairly certain that when i was new to the boards I made posts exactly like what Emp. scorpions did. I can see how aggravating it can become seeing a huge group of "spam" posts,
That's true, but he was being impatient to the point of rudeness, especially in his H. petersii thread. People would give him an answer and he'd keep asking anyway.

But yes, what the more experienced see now as dumb questions may have easily been questions they had themselves earlier on. Same with newbie mistakes -- I kept my first Scolopendra on wood chips for the first couple months I had him. :8o

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I'm fairly certain that when i was new to the boards I made posts exactly like what Emp. scorpions did. I can see how aggravating it can become seeing a huge group of "spam" posts, but i think there has to be a better way than immediately reply with "use the search button", especially in reply to a person's first posting.

Regardless if other people think P imps are a crap species, I'll always have a couple... if for no other reason than they are a good starter species.... well that and lets face it.... it's always nice to root for the underdog....
Not a problem. It's not the content of the questions he asks but the manner in which he is doing so. Seems there has been a few people around lately who seem somewhat mischievous to me. Especially the previously mention who is asking basic questions and then apparently now has a FS ad. I said it in the thread before that it seems like one of those people who come on and try to make friend and then burn people on trades and sales. Then out of nowhere, another person with a similar name pops up with this ridiculous post... do you see a pattern? I think others recognize this also but are just leaving it be. :)

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay i went a read all threads started by Emp.scorpion and now see what you guys are saying.... and yeah this thread popping up does smell of dead fish now.

guesskatiejules

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some people just like to post a whole bunch of times to increase their post count. Or because they like the sounds of their own.. typing. :rolleyes:

The scorp in the picture looks comatose! There's no way he could keep something like that is his hand and not be hospitalized if it was alive. :eek: This screams hoax.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some people just like to post a whole bunch of times to increase their post count. Or because they like the sounds of their own.. typing. :rolleyes:
Wrong! I do it for both.... Nothing like the sound of me typing...:p
I think its safe to say "Emp" got bit by his scorpion and is dead.

RIP:(

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wrong! I do it for both.... Nothing like the sound of me typing...:p
I think its safe to say "Emp" got bit by his scorpion and is dead.

RIP:(
Maybe that's why he hasn't replied...:clap:

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How about we all stop posting here and let this thread disappear?;)

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the way how the arms of the scorp was curled... it is dead, absolutely...

*Edit
after ive read that his emperor stung its food something already run in my mind, its not an emp...

:p

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hahaha...
this is what a live androctonus looks like..

;)

cheers! :D
- munis

P.S. no that is not my hand, i'm not mental...

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

well they are popular for a reason.the fact that you can handle them is quite appealing, as i enjoy hanging out with my scorp. its to the point where if i put my hands in front of it, it doesnt cower, it goes to see what it is, and usually climbs up it. i love my scorpion :D.

then again, alot of people like to hate things that are popular, just because it 's popular... what would it be like if they weren't popular? a rather docile scorpion that grows large, is generally hardy, and is low maintainence, seems very appealing to me.

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is that A. crassicauda? Mine was way too feisty to do that! He would kick back his tail if he saw movement.

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i was just kind of wondering actually... if you pretended to be a tree or a rock or whatever, and just moved minimally, and let a scorp crawl onto your hand, would it actually have any reason to sting you?

cheers! :D
- munis