1st Breeding Project any tips

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi all! On Sat. (hopefully) my husband and I will be doing our first breeding project with the Usambra Baboon. So I was wanting any helpful tips. I know I need to wait till he makes a sperm web before i put him in there with the her so I know he is ready to breed. :) Thanks in advance for the help :) Oh the breeding will be in her 10 gal tank.

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Usambras are pretty much a no brainer. The male built a sperm web yesterday so no need to wait for him to build another. After they mate with sure double insertions you could wait for him to build another sperm web but the chances are very slim that you will be able to recognize it. Unless your female already lives in the 10 gallon tank there is no need to move them there for the breeding. You can introduce him into her home any time of the day. DO NOT just leave the male with her. If she is interested in breeding it will be very clear. They will breed for 5-10 minutes then take him out. That's it. After they hook up a few times over a week or so contact Rob and see what he wants you to do with the male.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a bottle of wine, candles.....oops wrong specie.
Let us know how it turns out, pics maybe?

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Eric's right, they are farily easy to breed. In his book 'Tarantulas and Other Arachnids,' author Sam Marshall defies anyone to not have a successful breeding when pairing two together. I think you'll be surprised at how easy it is. Now catching that male as he's trying to make a break for it, that's another story...;)

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea, he was pretty speedy as most can be. He went out this morning so be looking for him and keep us updated how the breeding goes. I only had him for a week or 2 and I got kinda attached like he was one of my own. Have fun.

Eric

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Immortal Sin and I have both posted results in the breeding forum on this species. The same male in my post is now cohabitating with the female that molted during the last go-round. As far as breeding goes with this species, short cohabitations don't seem to be much of an issue.

Botar

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good luck =D =D =D =D =D maybe you will have some babies for sale soon