10 Gallon?

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Possibly . . . are they adults? Most people seem to reccomend something like five gallons per scorp when adult, but some have had success with smaller spaces. In most people's experience they all tend to pile under the same hide anyway.

I'd give it a shot, but if territorial disputes don't settle down soon, try separating them.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Would a 10 gallon be to small for 4 emperor scorpions?
Possibly . . . are they adults? Most people seem to reccomend something like five gallons per scorp when adult, but some have had success with smaller spaces. In most people's experience they all tend to pile under the same hide anyway.

I'd give it a shot, but if territorial disputes don't settle down soon, try separating them.
Excellent advice!

I always make sure to put 1 more hide than scorp in an enclosure to allow them to shuffle around to an empty one. But as IHeartMantids stated they usually all congregate in the same hide. And if you feel there is not enough space for 5 hides I always had success in stagger stacking 1/2 log hides on 1 end and put a water dish on the other end.

see pic below for an example.

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very helpful advice. Thaedion, I love the double stacking idea! Is that tank a 10 gallon?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes it is, I only housed 1 P cavimanus in it. But 4 emps to a 10 as you were thinking about should not be a problem, just follow IHeartMantids advice. I comfortably housed 1 emp and 1 Heterometrus sp in a 2.5 gallon each. I put the 1/2 log to one side, covered it over with coco fiber and set the water dish on top.

Post a pic of your setup when you finish it.

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea I didnt think it would be a problem. I have yet to see a petshop house a Emperor in anything bigger than a deli cup, so I'm sure the space in a 10 gallon is sufficient.

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The petstore near me has about 7 or 8 emperors in a 10 gallon. To me it just looks too damn cramped.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pet stores really push it when it comes to placing emps in there cages there way to cramped, if you want 4 emps i would get a 20-30 gallon long if i were you, it would be perfect.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I usually put in four to a ten gallon. With about 3 hide+ a man made burrow. But usaully see them all in the same hide. I once put 5 in 10 gallon tank but the 5th one was a juv.