1" OBT sling escaped (1.5")

DamoK21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I have not see hide nor hair of him so I guess I am done looking. Maybe he will appear some day, maybe not. I can tell you this, my house is much cleaner. First time in years I vacuumed the coils under the refrigerator, cleaned under the stove, the dishwasher, the washer and dryer. Talk about filthy......So something good has come out of this.....And yes, I have learned my lesson. I should not own anything that I am not willing to risk escaping. There is always room for human error no matter what.
lol, why not take this as an advantage to clean, like it ;P

on an opinion basis, it is abit of an ammuture mistake to make, but accidents do happen and really do hope you find the little guy/girl, For future reference, just be sure to check then check again, just to be sure, to eliminate any possibilities of the same error happening again :}

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
FYI he was found 7 months later, deceased, in my curio cabinet. He got in through the glass side, molted and could not get out. I cried. :(

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
FYI he was found 7 months later, deceased, in my curio cabinet. He got in through the glass side, molted and could not get out. I cried. :(
You mean you found him 7 months later in November 2011 and posted about finding it 10 years later? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
You mean you found him 7 months later in November 2011 and posted about finding it 10 years later? Or am I missing something?
You’ll have to stay tuned for the answer to your question…10 years from now. :brb:

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
i think this standard - “only keep X if you’re fine with them biting you, another animal or another human?” is subjective - i have kept all sorts of species of arachnids that can kill humans, other animals, etc - my standard is: “do I presently have the experience, skill set, equipment and enclosure to care for X safely and properly?” if the answer is no, then i map out how exactly i can get to the species i want eg: using P. irminia as a bridge species to Poecilotheria

i would also echo others who have said, try finding it at night with a flashlight - situations like this make me wish T’s glow under black light like scorpions

edit: old thread my b lmao