¿Question?

Bellis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just ooooone more, for all you other night owls :) What kind of T(s) are sold under the common name "Blue leg tarantula"? The one in question is completely black, but with a midnight blue sheen on the legs.

modeus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have seen cobalt blue's labeled that before and they can appear black??just a guess.. :D

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Without a picture it is hard to say. Pet shop common names are all but useless. It might be a H. lividum.

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
yeah.. you would save a LOT of money.. 150? thats extreme

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bellis said:
http://gea.free.fr/images/h-lividum.jpg

Yup yup, that looks like it! i thought lividum were always gray. Now! if i can talk dude down from $150 :eek: :rolleyes:
My guess is you have a "doctored" picture of a Cyripopagopus sp. "blue" there. Actually, if that is indeed what the T is, $150 is an excellent price. I believe these Ts went for $250+ when they were still readily available online. Good luck! :D

Bellis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ahh, but they're being sold on this very site for $21-30 for slings - and thats only the first 3 results.. I'm sure i could hunt one down for less.. :p The T for $150, though it was all scrunched up, covering its eyes, couldnt have been any bigger than 3" legspan

Edit - and i doubt its doctored, i've seen one just like it with my very own eyes! In the sense that with right flash, rosea's are blueish... its all about the light and angle!

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
You can get a mature WC female $40-50, so definately shop elsewhere

Here's my girl if it will help any

Last edited:

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My mistake! I was under the impression that the T up for discussion was an arboreal, but I now see that that was in error. H. lividum slings (about .5") do normally run about $20, and the price increases as the T gets larger. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for an adult female. Sorry if my previous post was misleading. I simply thought we were talking about a different T. Best of luck! :D