Man my Rosey died.

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know what happened. I got her 6 months ago @ a reptile expo, and ever since i thought she was nice and healthy, there was no unusual behavior, i just came to check up on her and shes all upside down, her legs are not all curled up but she is upside down and not moving at all so i assume shes dead, i haven't touched any thing. because i thought just maybe she could be molting but there is not any movement. shes a full grown adult so maybe old age? i don't know.

the only thing i can assume is that my dog has kennel cough, Or maybe because my family was spraying some Lysol around, not in the same room as the t but, i guess its still something to consider since nothing has changed.

I don't know, I'm bummed though, i really likde it, it was a really creative spider.

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sometimes it can take a day for them to molt. I'd say that's what your T is doing, be patient. If it's upside down, it's molting.
When they molt it doesn't look like a fat girl trying to get out of a pair of jeans, it's a slow process.:)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does she have a thick mat of webbing under her.. She could be molting.. Sounds like she is.. Give her some time and DONT touch untill you know for she is dead.. The way you describer her on her back and what not it sounds like a molt.. They dont move much at all when molting.. Other than a twitch here and there..

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Leave it. They can take a very long time to molt. Unless it stinks or has mold give it a chance.

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sometimes it can take a day for them to molt. I'd say that's what your T is doing, be patient. If it's upside down, it's molting.
When they molt it doesn't look like a fat girl trying to get out of a pair of jeans. it's a slow process.:)
so it possible for it to be molting w.no movement at all coming from it? i mean its frozen like, although it does look like it mad a little web mat, I'll give it a day.

is there any thing i should do for it to help its molt if it is?

Jilly1337

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When they molt it doesn't look like a fat girl trying to get out of a pair of jeans, it's a slow process.:)
IDK, that seems like a slow process too!!

To the OP, I agree. She probably is molting. The big ones sometimes take a long time.

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so it possible for it to be molting w.no movement at all coming from it? i mean its frozen like, although it does look like it mad a little web mat, I'll give it a day.

is there any thing i should do for it to help its molt if it is?
Yea, I'll bet it's molting, sometimes they just lay there for hours before you actually see anything happen.
You don't have to do anything, let nature take it's course.

Jilly, ya, you are right. LOL

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yea, I'll bet it's molting, sometimes they just lay there for hours before you actually see anything happen.
You don't have to do anything, let nature take it's course.

Jilly, ya, you are right. LOL
Ok if it does molt i will be very very happy!

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Snapple, if you don't have to work tomorrow, make some coffee and stay there and watch it, it's a long process, but very interesting indeed.:)

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some people say that light will stress it out, maybe a low background light, something just bright enough for you to video it.:)

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
I had an adult G. pulchripes before. She was at her back for 12 hours.
Took her awhile to finally molt. Good luck with you T. I hope all will be ok soon.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, I'm curious if the molting rose made it too.

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Success

i came to check on her a few minutes ago and there she sets, next to an old exo! that's all it was was a molt.

is there some thing i can do to preserve the old skin? it looks as if its all one piece, unlike my longipes was.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Alcohol, or pin it in a cotton box. Jon3800 on youtube has videos.
The smell of dead T is pretty unmistakable as I found out this morning. Yech!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Remove it from the enclosure carefully. Try not to disturb the spider too much; she's very fragile right now.

You can position the molt however you want while it's still soft; it will harden up in several hours.

If you want, you could go a little more extreme and cast it in resin, but (in my opinion) as long as you keep it somewhere it can't be messed with, there's no reason for casting. You could also display it in a shadow box.

Hang on and I'll link my display case pics. ;)

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
At least we know it didn't catch Kennel Cough from your dog. lmao