Your Current Or Future Breeding Projects

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good afternoon! What species are your future breeding projects and how many of the same species, males and females you’ll be trying to work with? Mine are as follows.

Acanthoscurria simoensi: One female and one mature male. The mature male will arrive in less than two weeks.

Brachypelma baumgarteni: I currently have 42 specimens will be receiving an additional 7 more on Tuesday. It will be a while before any of my females or males would be ready for breeding. So you can imagine how many females and males I have. Though my intention is to find males or females that are not related to the Mexico stock. I won’t try to inbreed any of them.

Brachypelma smithi: Five females and one immature male waiting patiently for the male to mature.

Lasiodorides polycuspulatus: I have several females and a couple of immature males. It wiill probably be another couple of years when the male matures.

Lasiodorides striatus: One pair only! It will be probably another year before my male matures.

Pamphobeteus antinous: One female and one mature male, the mature male will arrive on Tuesday.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I've never gotten to breed Ts before, but I got a couple things lined up for some of my first breeding projects. Hopefully the soonest being later this year!

I have a AF N. incei GCF and an unsexed N. incei NCF - If the unsexed specimen turns out male, I'll pair them up once it matures. If it turns out female, I'll scout out for a MM or two to pair them to. I'm hoping to try these pairings first.

I have an AF B. cabocla and a juvenile male. I plan on pairing them once he matures, but I've heard the females are notorious for munching the males, so I'll likely look around for a second MM as a backup.

Other future plans involve my 1.1 juvenile N. chromatus pair and my 1.1 subadult P. muticus pair.

I also have an AF and juvenile male S. calceautum, but as of right now I have no intentions on breeding them when the male matures. I love them to bits, but two crazy crackhead spiders are more than enough, let alone an entire sac's worth of slings! :rofl: May consider loaning him out though.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Exoskeleton, I green with envy! Where did you find an antinous male!!?? Heck I can't even find slings to buy. I have one female and one I suspect is male. If you are so inclined, please keep me up to date on your breeding attempts. I absolutely love this tarantula and would love to try breeding them and your experience would be of great benefit should I end up with a pair.
At some time in the future I'd love to breed N. tripepii. Right now I'm waiting for the 3 I have to grow up.

Last edited:

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Still no breeding yet, but here are some possibilities for the near future:

Lasiodora klugi: despite what a sheer PITA it will be. Given what I have, this will probably be my first. Female is now nearly 2 months post-molt. MM is 9.5 months mature, but is still quite active and eating well. Sub-Adult male just had what is likely his penultimate molt this past week so he’ll likely mature out sometime around the end of the year to early next year, so if I decide to not breed my current MM, I will wait till after my female’s next molt to breed her with my current sub-adult male.

P. metallica. I have a sub-adult female and a juvenile male. Given his growth rate, this will definitely be a 2019 project. Then again, my P. smithi male went from a 1 inch sling purchased in January of last year to mature in November. Still, I expect 1 or two more molts before he’s mature.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Good to hear about all of the projects going on around here.

I have 4 AF C cyaneopubescens, 1 MM that’ll arrive Wednesday and 3 penultimate males. I’ve tried breeding GBBs twice now and got one dud sac out of it (and no munched males yet...). I’m hoping that I’m upling my odds by breeding a group instead of just one female this time.

I also have a B auratum pair. Female is about 6” and male isn’t much smaller. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t mature on his next molt, but thats what I said last time too.

Past that, any of my other females are possibilities at some point (P smithi, P rufilata, P cambrigei).

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
my next breeding projects are E. campestratus (if I can find a male) and B. albopilosum (Nicaragua) (again, if I can find one).

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
This summer I'm planning on pairing my female C. Fimbriatus. I also have a fimbriatus sling that I'm really hoping is Male so I can pair him as well.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My future breeding projects are 12-18 months away minimum. I'm hoping to breed my Pamphobeteus sp mascara pair once my male matures also i have a pair of Thrixopelma sp cajamarca and I'm hoping my smallest is male

awiec

Arachnoprince
Thrixopelma cyaneolum- Pipe dream but maybe I'll find another male one day. My female is around 8-10 years old so I don't have too much hope.

Avicularia braunshauseni- Had a male mature and I'm having pretty poor luck trying to find a female for him so this one probably won't happen.

T.gigas- My adult female died so I'm sorta starting from square one on this one since all I have left is two of her offspring. I would like to breed more of the genus in general though.

Dolichothele diamantinensis- Got two of these and they just hit an inch. I haven't bred a dwarf species yet so I want to give it a try once they are ready.

Pamphobeteus sp platyomma and sp machala- I have one female of each and despite the hairs, it's my favorite genus.

Sericopelma generala- I think these are very sleek versions of Pamphos and aren't appreciated very much. Plus my female is huge, so I'd expect a decent sized sac.

Caribena versicolor- I've bred these before and have 2 suspect females from the sac I got 2ish years ago.

P.metallica- I have one very bold female and really just want to breed her to recover her purchase and upkeep costs.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Have a few going right now, two ornata females that should be gravid. Everything went smoothly with the pairings, my male is still quite active and making sperm webs. Just hoping the females don't molt on me.

My female subfusca lowland was recntly paired as well.

And the male.

If all goes well Ill be drowning in poec slings. Had planned on breeding my large female theraphosa stirmi but my new sling turned out female. Just my luck the one time im actually hoping for a male. :rolleyes:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
0.2.(1 praying it's male) P.metallica

(1).1.0 P.ornata( just waiting for the male to show up)

2.3.0 ( along with 1 female that I'm pairing for my Nephew) P.regalis.

1.1.0 (recently paired) P.rufilata

1.1.0 A.avic ( has been paired)

1.3.0 A.metallica ( waiting on 3 inch male to mature)

1.1.0 T.stirmi ( waiting on 7.5 inch male to mature)

1.2.0 A.seemanni (penult male should molt any time now)

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
I eventually want to breed my Ephebopus murinus. She molted recently and it really got me thinking. I'm not sure how hard they are to breed though, so that breeding project may have to stay on the back burner for awhile.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Thrixopelma cyaneolum- Pipe dream but maybe I'll find another male one day. My female is around 8-10 years old so I don't have too much hope.

Avicularia braunshauseni- Had a male mature and I'm having pretty poor luck trying to find a female for him so this one probably won't happen.
I call dibs on slings of these two if it happens

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
P.metallica (male and female)
P.hanumavilasumica (male and female)
P.tigrinawesseli (male and female)
A.avicularia (mature female and male pair)
P.miranda (3 females and a male)
P.rufilata (male and female pair)
C.schioedtei (1 female 2 males)
P.pulcher (2 females and a male)

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I’m going to try my hand at P. sazimai. I’ve got a young mature female and a male maybe two molts from maturity.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
Grammostola pulchra- I have a male and female. Just waiting for the male to mature and then cross my fingers
Harpactira pulchripes- I have 4 and at least one is a confirmed female
Brachypelma boehmei- Male and female.
Poecilotheria rufilata- Have the female. When she matures I'll find a male

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
I plan to experience my first pairing with my 0.1 Brachypelma hamorii (pet store find 2.5” - now 5.25”) and a 4” male whose abdomen is starting to darken as of today. Maybe this year or the next. fingers crossed.