Your Current Or Future Breeding Projects

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Good afternoon! What species are your future breeding projects and how many of the same species, males and females you’ll be trying to work with? Mine are as follows.

Acanthoscurria simoensi: One female and one mature male. The mature male will arrive in less than two weeks.

Brachypelma baumgarteni: I currently have 42 specimens will be receiving an additional 7 more on Tuesday. It will be a while before any of my females or males would be ready for breeding. So you can imagine how many females and males I have. Though my intention is to find males or females that are not related to the Mexico stock. I won’t try to inbreed any of them.

Brachypelma smithi: Five females and one immature male waiting patiently for the male to mature.

Lasiodorides polycuspulatus: I have several females and a couple of immature males. It wiill probably be another couple of years when the male matures.

Lasiodorides striatus: One pair only! It will be probably another year before my male matures.

Pamphobeteus antinous: One female and one mature male, the mature male will arrive on Tuesday.
Good luck with all your projects! :D

My only current breeding project is my Aphonopelma chalcodes — 1st instar from one female and waiting for my other female’s sac to hatch au natural. :)

No other plans at present except to do breeding loans once my H. maculata and P. cambridgei males mature.

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Have a few going right now, two ornata females that should be gravid. Everything went smoothly with the pairings, my male is still quite active and making sperm webs. Just hoping the females don't molt on me.

My female subfusca lowland was recntly paired as well.

And the male.

If all goes well Ill be drowning in poec slings. Had planned on breeding my large female theraphosa stirmi but my new sling turned out female. Just my luck the one time im actually hoping for a male. :rolleyes:
QUality!

Dannica

Arachnosquire
I currently have one breeding pair of Acanthoscurria musculosa, so I’m crossing my fingers I can make it work despite the male having matured in May.

I also intend on breeding my A.avicularia, I have a mature male lined up, I’m just waiting my turn since my girl molted again in October.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Good to hear about all of the projects going on around here.

I have 4 AF C cyaneopubescens, 1 MM that’ll arrive Wednesday and 3 penultimate males. I’ve tried breeding GBBs twice now and got one dud sac out of it (and no munched males yet...). I’m hoping that I’m upling my odds by breeding a group instead of just one female this time.

I also have a B auratum pair. Female is about 6” and male isn’t much smaller. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t mature on his next molt, but thats what I said last time too.

Past that, any of my other females are possibilities at some point (P smithi, P rufilata, P cambrigei).
Figured I’d update this. Bred all 4 GBB females and got only 1 sac (Better than none). B auratum male still hasn’t matured but the female molted and I got a hold of a MM. hoping for a sac next year... hoping.

P smithi female turned out mislabeled (glad it was caught before any pairing). I did pick up a male P smithi a few months before the legislation that just matured and I’m hoping to loan him and get some smithi slings.

I’ve loaded up on multiple Psalmo species. First to pair will be P pulcher in a week or two!

It’s interesting to look back on where I was not long ago and how much has changed!

Last edited:

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Since the thread has been revived....

1.2.0 G. pulchra Both females have been paired once with the male and were shortly thereafter put into a cooling period and have been 59-65 degrees F for about a month now. worried they will molt out though. i do not know their last molt dates.

1.1.5 m. balfouri

1.1 G. pulchripes

(1).1.0 P. metalica. Paired by previous owner just before sending to me. Also i have a suspect male that should only be a molt or two away from ultimate.

-1.1.0 B. albopilosum Female was paired almost 4 months ago looking pretty gravid. (Male got munched...)

1.2.0 B. vagans One female just molted out so will pair her again in a month or so. The other female's last molt date is unknown so she might do the same...

1.1.0 G. sp North Paired several months ago. fingers crossed. this is actually the second attempt for the pair. First try the female made a dude sac (dried up) and abandoned it after a couple days. She molted shortly after and was re-paired with the same male.

-1.1.1 A. avicularia M#1 Male got munched and female actually tried to make a sac but the webing wasn't sticking to the side of her enclosure so it just made a mess. Trying to feed her heavy and hoping by some slim chance she will double clutch for me.

I think that is it for now but IF i can be successful with anything, you can be sure i will sell or trade the slings to get a new project or two.

cold blood

Staff member
1.1.1 A. avicularia M#1 Male got munched and female actually tried to make a sac but the webing wasn't sticking to the side of her enclosure so it just made a mess. Trying to feed her heavy and hoping by some slim chance she will double clutch for me.
This species doesnt double clutch.

This winter i got 2 A. avic mt#1 sacs, and 1 mt#6 sac.

Also had a regalis sac, with a second cutrently in the incubator waiting for them to molt to 1i. Also have O. schioedtei in the incubator, just molted to 1i last week
Had a bad sac from P. irminia, but candling her, it seems she may double clutch for me soon.

Paired B. vagans a few months ago, nothing there yet
Paired OBT, she ate the sac, hoping for a double clutch there as well.

Recently paired N. coloratovillsus with a great pairing
And have a P. cambridgei MM and an N. incei MM to be arriving soon.

Also one more feeding and i will be pairing my big LV female....have 2 MMs just waiting on her to fatten a bit more (molted 41 days ago).

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
P irminia in the next couple weeks.

On the lookout for alot of different Poecilotheria males. Subfusca HL, rufilata, regalis, metallica, striata.

Avicularia juruensis M1 (ex cf aurantiaca) is a dream project..

Totally forgot. Hopefully gravid H laticeps. Lightly used male if anyone else is interested.
20190522_002206.jpg

Last edited:

Jayvicularia

Small Batch Seller
Great pics everyone. I have been in the hobbies a few years now and wanted to try my hand at breeding something in the future. I just picked up 5 P. Cambrigei slings to grow them up for a future breeding project. All my feeders are bredding well for several years and i have a successful bredding tank of mixed Neocaridina davida shrimp going strong.

SpaceM

Arachnosquire
I paired my M.balfouri a few weeks ago. She was 7 months post molt so a bit on the late side but if it's successful i hope to keep 10 slings for a communal.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I want to hear the updates from some of the projects posted last year in this thread!

Theneil

Arachnoprince
This species doesnt double clutch
:rofl: I thought i had heard of Avicularia sp. double cluthching. She ended up molting out.

As for updates. i successfully bred B. albopilosum and have 1i B. vagans in an incubator ATM. got a handful of balfouri sacs butni think they got too cold or something and were all duds :drowning:

Females with sacs currently include C. versicolor, ap. irminia (and hoping for a double clutch from the one who ditched her eggsack in the water bowl.) I have a G. pulchra i believe is gravid (my second female has suffered two bad molts in a row and has busted fangs ATM otherwise i would try to pair her), and i have paired K. brunnipes, G. rosea RCF (yes i am aware i don’t need to put the RCF), and G. sp north, and 1 M. balfouri who decided to eat the male a day after pairing. I also will be pairing in thr near future my other 2 M. balfouri, P. sazimai, C. cyaneopubecens, and G. porteri. I also have a couple loans out and i an helping as a second set of eyes and hands pairing some other spoods for some local friends.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Paired my B. hamorii last January then dropped an egg sac on the last week of March. Now I got hundreds of L2 spiderlings. Already sold some. :D

B. auratum was paired last February and still waiting for it to drop.
Next would be my female P. metallica and P. miranda. Hope it turns out well.