You Know You Are An Aracnophile When:

Tee2

Arachnopeon
when you have saved up so much money before.

Now you got into the hobby you cant even get anything for your wife on christmas because you have spent it all on inverts.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When the Post Office Constantly asks "Why are you getting so much food shipped to you" ::smirks::

Skuikki

Arachnopeon
.. When it's midwinter and you know what 6 spiders you are going to get 6 months later.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here's some for you guys ;) :
* when you dress up as a T for halloween.
* when you hit your friend for killing a house spider
* when you get revenge on your enemy by letting OBT juveniles loose in their house :p :D :eek:
* when your friend calls you on the phone and you answer "guess what im holding"... then they hang up on you b4 you can even answer. lol
* when you sacrifice your body heat to keep your T's warm
* when you say "i don't feel like messing with my T's right now..." and then you jump on arachnoboards!!! lol.
* WHEN YOU CAN MAKE UP MORE THAN THREE OF THESE THINGS!!!! :astonished:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
* when your friend calls you on the phone and you answer "guess what im holding"... then they hang up on you b4 you can even answer. lol
That's actually a great way of ditching the conversation, except my answer usually doesn't involve a tarantula ;)

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmmmm. interesting... lol. kinda funny and disturbing at the same time. remind me never to call you! LOL, joking.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nothing personal...
anybody think of any more???

Last edited:

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're Moms boyfriend buys a T you already are gonna get for the Christmas Gift exchange , and you automatically trade the alcohol even though you're under age.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
*if you take the money that is supposed to be used for college funds and buy T's with it. (very guilty) :rolleyes:
*if you start eating crix urself (< has this one already been said??? if so, im srry!)
* if your a guy and you try to make a sperm web
* if your a female and u eat your mate
* if your baby's first word is "brachypelma" or "avicularia"
* if you have a picture of Rick West in a superman outfit on your Computer screen background
* if you ask a plastic surgeon " so, how much would 6 extra eyes cost??"
* if you get excited when your G. rosea moves 2" in 15minutes. LOL.
* if you cry because you live too far away to go to arachnocon in 2007.
* if you turn down a really hot guy/girl because your .25" N. chromatus is finally molting.
* if you like going into pet stores and telling the people who work there "your WRONG!" whenever you hear them telling other customers about T's.
* if you keep your computer logged on to arachnoboards while you're asleep just for the heck of it (guilty guilty guilty)
* if one of your friends gets angry, and you reply "woah woah woah!!! don't go haplo on me!!"
*if your OBT latches onto your face and you continue to say "awww!! what a sweet animal!!!"
*if you call your friends at 3:30 am to tell them that your .25" N. chromatus finally molted. (guilty)
* when you squeal with delight at things with 8 appendages.

umm.. ok, enough for tonight. geeeeeze. lol, :p

Last edited:

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When you have a dream about a 3 foot G. pulchra that comes when called and jumps up on you to give you hugs and you wake up with a smile and a warm fuzzy feeling.

After telling friends about said dream, they shudder and call it a nightmare. :wall:

Tropical T's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You have people drop rescued T's off at your girlfriends work and then your girlfriend rings you to abuse you about the influence you are having on her nine year old daughter because when she picked her up she was able to identify the said T with the comment of "aww it's a little plumipes"

Lilija

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When your cricket guy identifies you as "the spider chick" and remands any and all spiders dropped off at his place, to your care. Or, when he comes to you for advice about which to order, what kinds to stock in his shop, and how to keep them properly.

When you go around misting the spiderwebs in your living room.

When you're repainting your bedroom, and see a little house spider on the wall, you paint around it. (True story, I painted a little heart around it, and moved on...my husband came home, looked, and just shook his head.)

The spiders hanging out in the corner of the bathroom have names.

When Christmas dinner is abruptly halted, because you race to beat your nice, but misunderstood inlaw to the spider on the chandelier that he wants to moosh with a napkin. After climbing down off the table, tell them you're just going to put it outside, but don't, because it will freeze to death. Instead, you slip it into the guest bathroom, and run some water in the sink for it. (Just happened, Sunday...)

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
(1) You know you're an arachnophile when: every time a local sees you at work they identify you as the town's only 'Spider-Woman' (locals include but are not necessarily limited to delivery men who also know you as the 'Spider Woman') and ask you how your critters are doing :D

(2) You know you're an arachnophile when: every time you enter the post office to mail a letter you get pounced on by 3 or more postal workers asking you if you've gotten any photos of your new tarantulas (yes, the ones you took out of the same box that none of them wanted to touch after they found out what was in it.)

(3) You know you're an arachnophile when: the people at your church get a complete and total kick out of exuvia, asking about what you can feed tarantulas and asking the age-old question of... "Have you ever gotten bit!?" - or even better... "Aren't they poisonous!?"

I love this town :p

-Sarah

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
When your Youth Pastor tells the local christian rock band to come to church to see you hold some of your T's and centipedes.;)

I was... surprised, to say the least.
Now the pastor's parents ask if I'm the 'dude with the spiders'.:?
Flattering.........

Also, when you go into a petstore, see a mature male you've been looking for, buy it, (with the store owner chuckling at you because he knows it won't live long). And you smirk back at him, about ready to tell him off.{D

reptyls

Arachnopeon
Your child tells the Santa at the mall that he wants a Boehmei and a Pulchra for Christmas and Santa gets a really confused look on his face. (He is getting the Boehmei next week, by the way).

ventell

Arachnopeon
To save on rising fuel costs, you take your males to be loaned out to work with you and drop them off on your way home. You really know you have a problem when your co-workers notice your problem too. I *never* bring a cooler to work (which held to males going out for loan) and they just had to see, until they saw, and then didn't want to see =)

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When your drunken 2 AM phone call is to ask your friend if you closed your P. regalis tank.

When you can still pronounce pocielotheria, but you can't pronounce 'shobriety tessssp'

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when your mom calls to wish you a happy new year, and when she asks how it was you tell her about how you spent the whole night watching a spider molt.

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When you have not one but TWO dreams about your female G. rosea becoming a real woman and then becoming the love of your life.... uh excuse me now, that uh happened to a friend.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When you Show up to meet the postal worker and he just gives you a blank stare with a slight shake in his head and asks "how many this time?"

When UPS KNOWS you by first name but they commonly refer to you as "The customer who has BIG spiders"

When Your family calls just to check on how many new spiders you got this week, and what you've got planned next week

When you allot a portion of your paycheck just to buy T's and Crickets