You Know You Are An Aracnophile When:

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I am sure this has been done before but here goes.

You Know You Are An Arachnophile When:

1. You feel guilty about sweeping away spider webs in your home.

2. You are running out of shelf and table space to hold enclosures and deli cups.

3. You no longer have to phonetically repeat the Latin Scientific Names before speaking them in public.

4. The sound of crickets chirping drowns out the TV football game you are watching.

5. DHL and FEDX Delivery truck drivers wink at you and say " I wonder what's in This box?"

6. When you start talking about your hobby to friends and acquaintances, they suddenly start scratching
themselves, act a bit uneasy and leave

7. You begin to do all your arithmetic calculations by multiples of eight

8. You begin to think that T. Blondi is someone you would like to spend some time with.

Last edited:

JonPaul

Arachnopeon
Good list... got all but the multiples of eight.... Still.... ever start to feel an itch in your wallet perusing the dealer index?
Thanks for the smile.

Jp

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehe- can I add one of my own?
9. Your friends know all the latin,common,and pet names of all your T's {D

Huk7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and No. 10......................

You yawn incessantly whilst getting an earful from your missus after she has found yet another escapee cricket admiring the view from her clean washing which is hanging up!!!! :D

and maybe 11.............?

You can end up selling refigerators to Eskimo's after countess times of selling the idea to the better half of, 'just one more spider, it's only small and will take ages to grow and anyway, I need something else to use up the surplus crickets I always get'.................. :D

(totally from experience) ;)

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you watch Lord of the Rings over and over and root for Shelob.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i carry at least one catching container on me at all times. i carry it to work, to visit my friends, to the dentist... everywhere!

it is made out of metal, cuz i have carried a container long enough to crack plastic :)

i think i *might* have crossed over from philia to mania =P

EDIT:
oh, and i've used my always-on-me container before to catch S. polymorpha, L. mactans, Thomisidae crab spiders, Phidippus jumping spiders... and a newt or something... but only once. i don't really care to keep things with bones

Last edited:

N.W.A.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
12: You love your spider(s) more than you love a member in your family. I think we're all guilty of that. I can name several family member out of the blue.

JonPaul

Arachnopeon
Oh, or if you are infamous for "correcting" movies/TV about the portrayal of arachnids, or for giving the wrong scientific name.
I got yelled at by some friends, watching some "b movie" about the 'Island of Tarantulas" or something like that.... The giant (don't even need to get into physics) tarantula had webbing comming out of it's face.... arrgh! (Oh and that all spiders hunt people)

JonPaul

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
13: Your biology proffesor wants to take a feild trip to YOUR house for class one day

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
14. You refuse to quit your part time, dead end job because it would mean not being able to acquire more spiders.

This one is true for me, anyone else?

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
15)You risk limb leg gas and finacial baggin to nab the holy spiders in the middle of the night from the evil spider killing predator [The Ex!]

16) Before entering any and all relationships that if asked to choose the spiders come first.

17)You start surfing swift's price list in your sleep

18) you actualy ORDER spiders in your sleep...

19) despite the Allergic reactions to the 'Itching hairs" you continue to buy New worlders because 'their just so damn cute'

20)You step on the foot of the spider crushing meanie?

Last edited:

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
19) despite the Allergic reactions to the 'Itching hairs" you continue to buy New worlders because 'their just so damn cute'

Draken my dear you've taken my idea and THEY ARE that damn cute ;)

Um..when you feed them you call them cutsie names like "fuzzy wuzzy buggy" :8o

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Another few

Some other possibilities are:

When you consider buying one an "investment" (they are for me!)

When you feel you must tell everyone you meet about them--and go in great detail.

When you look at various animals in pet stores and think "hey my T. blondi would eat this."

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
21: You're happy to learn your house has an infestation of something because that means you won't have to buy crickets

22: Your house is infested with a species of roach your exterminator has never seen before

23: You use the term 'medically significant' when describing ANY of your pets

24: More than one relationship has ended when your GF found the spider room

25: You've used your spider room to break up with your GF

26: You put your GF's/roomate's cat outside and tell them it ran away

27: You find a T spiderling when sitting on the toilet, and you can't remember one escaping

28: You're afraid your GF is gravid

29: You hand out Lasiodora parabana slings instead of holloween candy

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
30. You have enclosures of dirt.
31. When grocery shopping, you view of every container by it's "enclosure potential."
32. You own no potted plants, but always keep a 20 lb. bag of organic potting soil on hand.
33. You've actually used the search term "tarantula" on e-bay.

I prefer the term arachnoholic to to arachnophile.
-phile = one that loves, likes, etc.
-aholic = one preoccupied with :rolleyes:

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"your son is begging for breakfast, but your package just arrived..he'll have to wait"

"The trip to the kitchen is too long to get a knife to open the package, so a pen will work just fine, even if it belongs to the postman"

Huk7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you still wonder five years later about those 2 or was it 3 P.cambridgei slings that escaped in your previous house and if they are still going ;)

and I wonder how the new people's cat did settle in :D

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hedorah99 said:
14. You refuse to quit your part time, dead end job because it would mean not being able to acquire more spiders.

This one is true for me, anyone else?
i really like my job, but me and at least one other person on here proudly admit to eating top ramen for weeks on end, to be able to afford more bugs :)