wow people eat t "s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont know species but if I was there I would buy about 20 of em and take em home!{D

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You would have to get to them before they remove their fangs. Good luck with that.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure people have been eating tarantulas and other inverts since before Western civilization even existed, this is nothing new. ;)

Hopefully this won't become the 11,000th flame war thread on the matter. Don't attack a foreign culture for being foreign, guys, there are people offended by the US eating beef too. They're all just animals, it's each culture that lays down its own rules for "this one's food" and "this one isn't."

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like a Haplopelma of some kind to me...:)
The worrisome point for me, is that how many are they taking from the wild and how many can be left to propagate; while the traditional habitats are shrinking?
I doubt that people are eating less of them, simply because there ARE less of them....

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think they eat H. lividum. To be honest I wouldn't say no to trying it myself, but I'm not gonna fry up any of my Ts lol. It's not a waste of spiders, they provide nutrition for other living things.

Last edited:

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
:D Yeah when I get a chance to go vist my aunt and uncle in Thailand I am going to have some fried T.:D

Don't diss it till you try it!:}

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
spiders maybe
Only to the tiny fraction of humanity that views them as pets. To the people that eat them, keeping them as a pet is a waste of a spider. You could get a perfectly good meal out of it instead. ;)

kev hall

Arachnopeon
of which part of the video did you not understand, they eat them as snacks, they eat them as we eat mc e ds

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
of which part of the video did you not understand, they eat them as snacks, they eat them as we eat mc e ds
Okay, they could get a perfectly good SNACK out of it. You don't need to get snippy, my point still stands. It's not a waste if it's food being eaten.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...and is there something wrong with eating meat as a snack?

kev hall

Arachnopeon
yer meat is a great snack in gy, but they are eating them like chips,live chips wasted each day because that's there way,ive been to Thailand and Ive had better thing too do then eat spiders

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive been to Thailand and Ive had better thing too do then eat spiders
As a wealthy (or wealthy enough to travel abroad, anyway) tourist visiting their country, I don't think you're in any position to judge the people who LIVE there eating what they have access to.

Again, it's not a waste. If I eat a fish, it's not a waste. If I eat a cow, it's not a waste. If I eat a pig, it's not a waste. Heck, pigs are apparently more intelligent than dogs or cats - certainly infinitely more intelligent than an invert.

A human eating a spider is not a waste, just like a spider eating a cricket is not a waste.

kev hall

Arachnopeon
ive worked there , people are poor and they have to eat, but if they carry on with these un farmed animals how can the species survive

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.