Who molted today?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^ that guy molted today. Was hoping hed mature, but looks like hes got another molt or so...

1.0 Lv 5+"

NewT GBB

Arachnopeon
Big day for me. My first T (chromatopelma cyaneopubescens) just finished its first molt in my care. The little bugger is a whopping 3/4in now.

user 666

Arachnobaron
I discovered today that my Lampropelma sp "Borneo Black"is alive. (I found its molted exuvia.)

My P regalis molted recently, but managed to do so inside its hide.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Big list actually! I've been taking care of my dog and getting zero sleep but I'm finally perky enough to update.

9-17-2017
  • P. regalis 04
9-18-2017
  • B. auratum male
9-19-2017
  • C. versicolor 03
  • P. regalis 02
9-20-2017
  • C. versicolor 04
  • C. versicolor 05

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Adult female Nhandu chromatus, looks to be at least 6 inches now. Molt measured 5.75, my biggest terrestrial T, also one of my favorites. :)

IMAG0531.jpg

KooBea

Arachnopeon
C. versicolor finally finished molting today after 2 days of flipping over and flipping back. It's a huge 1/2' now!

boina

Lady of the mites
E. campestratus - and he turned MM. I didn't expect that yet because he's so small. The exuvia measures hardly 4". He may have gained another inch in legs, but the body seems even smaller.

Last week was molting week, too:
P. carpenteri and C.meridionalis #2 slings
Thrixopelma sling #23 - the runt of the litter finally managed to cross the 1" line (it's siblings all are more than 2"). Just as it's siblings it has adult coloring now, though :confused:.

P. murinus is hanging it's feet out of it's burrow after a month and wants food - unfortunately it has kept the exuvia, so no sexing :sour:.

C. hati hati and E. olivacea molted last week already and I just rehoused them. I was a bit nervous about the olivacea, because she can be seriously fast, but it was the most uneventful rehouse ever. I just grabbed the bark she was living under including spider clinging to the bark and transferred both to the new enclosure. Done in 30 sec.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Been seeing this coming for a while now. Of COURSE it would choose the day I have to go into work until midnight. Not that I could do anything but watch, but still...

Results will follow...

m_IMG_6528.jpg

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
P. sazimai #1 just molted this afternoon. Big gain....went from 1 and 1/2 inches to 2 and 1/4 inches! I put the photo of the molt in the sexing gallery, so hopefully I can get some feedback on that.

boina

Lady of the mites
Just came home and found my Lampropelma sp. Borneo black out and about, looking a lot slimmer and bigger than before. I love this spider. If she isn't pre- or post molt she's out.
Also, my new P. sazimai has molted. I can finally start feeding her - she's from a breeder who thinks a spider's abdomen should never be bigger than the cephalothorax...:confused: so she's seriously skinny now.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
My N. chromatus sling molted a few days back. It's now about 1.25 inches and seems to be getting the slightest hint of white bands on it's legs

And my G. pulchripes sling molted last week to about 1.5 inches. It actually came out for food this week, which is the soonest it's ever come out after a molt in the 6 months I've had it

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Success! First the tangle of legs, and then post-moult grooming...later a size comparison, maybe.

m_IMG_6539crop.jpg

m_IMG_6542crop.jpg

Last edited: