Whats the coolest thing your T's do?

misslovebunny

Arachnopeon
My white knee pushes all the substrate in the deli cup against the walls.... It's cool to watch her little legs go!

Femangel

Arachnosquire
N. chormatus dumps it's substrate in the water dish. Every day... Remove, rinse, repeat lol.

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
Hmmmm....

My B.Smithi constantly puts her plants in her water bowl.
At least somebody cares about their plants! I gave my Euathlus sp. yellow a little plant in an adorable little mini terracotta pot and he ripped it out and stuck it upside-down in the corner! He didn't even use the pot as a hide after he was done: he just buried it.

Come to think of it, my B smithi does have a green thumb though. Somehow she managed to grow some sort of sprout in her enclosure! Must be a smithi thing. (Many other Ts have the same substrate mix, from the same source, in the same conditions, and only the smithi has plants growing lol)

I tried to teach my G pulchra to care for some cat grass, but she uprooted it and fed it to a mealworm.

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pfffft I taught my Rose Hair the best trick ever. I look her in the eye and say "stay", come back from work and shes in the same spot as before.

In all honesty though my T Stirmi basically catches superworms when I drop them in, I tossed one in last monday it lasted literally half a second.
My stirmi does the same. Feeding is a blast!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Having a 1/2” sling hunting for it’s food is always unblievably cool.

Below is my Mini (Lasiodora difficilis) hunting.

20FDC4E9-F56E-4774-A599-E6D9B7E7AA9B.gif

cold blood

Staff member
The coolest things my ts do is....

Leila

Arachnobaron
The coolest things my ts do is....

So, umm...what you're saying is... :wideyed:

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Today my Hapolopus Columbia Lg. sling absolutely destroyed a cricket that was at least the size of the sling if not bigger. It was the first time I fed it since it recent molt. As soon as I dropped the cricket in the enclosure in the blink of an eye my lil Pumpkin blew this cricket up. He never saw it coming lol.

DratzKennedy

Arachnopeon
I have noticed that the majority of these posts have included quirky behavior coming from the G. Rosea. I have to agree. I once witnessed mine take all of the substrate and bulldoze it all to one side of the enclosure. Lol it was actually extremely impressive because half of the cage was just packed with dirt and the other half was empty, leaving a huge wall of dirt. In that wall the G. Rosea made a small tunell that it would hang out in and wait for food. That guy has the coolest little personality.

Other than that i have noticed my p. Murinus packing its fangs with dirt and bringing it up and out of its tunnel and using the dirt as almost a "mortar" to build uo the ealls of a "bedroom" it has made. It is an awesome interior designer.

Other than that there is pretty much the normal tarantula behavior (which actually isnt that normal whatsoever) coming from my collection. I have witnessed my scorpions doing some very strange things though, my H. Arizonensis will come out of its burrow to greet me and watch me fill its water bowl.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
My mature male always seems to make sperm webs whenever one particular friend comes over, I'm sure its coincidence :D still very funny, they're convinced I have a gay tarantula hahaha

I love watching my gbb webbing up! And my teeny tiny C.elegans sling likes to tackle prekilled superworm chunks haha :wacky: little psyco

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
My little 2" LP is just constantly redesigning it's home. I have a piece of a styrofoam cup in there as a hide, and it flips it around and moves it from one end of the enclosure to the other. I think watching it dig is one of the cutest things ever, but I really want to catch it moving it's hide around. Also, it had it's first superworm the other day. It was funny watching it realize it was food, then once it snatched up the worm it walked over to it's water dish and dunked it. It's never done that with crickets.

athlete96

Arachnosquire
My 1/5" B. albo basically lives under ground, and has burrowed so much that it's made a clear viewing area so I can see all the little tunnels and such. It also likes to give me a very clear view of its underbelly ;)

1/4" LP is hilarious. It knows when I'm near and will run up a wall and start tapping on it. It's also the most curious of my little ones and has run up my finger a few times when I go to feed.

Georgia B

Arachnosquire
My G. porteri’s previous owner kept her on chunks of coconut husk instead of shredded. When I first put her on nice soft substrate, she spent hours digging out one corner, then digging out another corner filling in the first one, back and forth. At first I wondered what she was doing, but now I know. She was designing a yoga studio. Her favourite poses are headstand, handstand, and side plank. She has excellent core stability and can hold them for hours.

Pokie11

Arachnosquire
I love when my LP hangs from its enclosures lid and pretends to be one of my Pokies. I also love my hamorii, because whenever I put some decoration in her enclosure, she drags it inside her burrow and covers it in web and dirt. She has so many things inside, I already lost a count.

Varla Einin

Arachnopeon
My G. pulchra does a great disapearing act... I haven't seen him in 2 months!

... I miss him :(

On the other hand, last night I witnessed Malory, my H. maculata, slide out of her cork bark and scoop up a cricket on her back! Then she puller herself and her dinner into her hide. That was the crazziest take down I have ever seen. She is a good eater :)