Whats the coolest thing your T's do?

Kroogur

Arachnopeon
I would have to say Gladys my G. Rosea is the most fun! I love when I home from work and she comes bounding down the hallway with her favorite rawhide toy and her lil opisthosoma wagging a mile a minute! :cool:

Seriously though I did give her a ping pong ball and she has a blast with it! Sometimes she tries to climb on it or shoves it around the tank.:biggrin:

misterteepot

Arachnopeon
What my slings do

Well I don't have adults yet so here are the "cool" things my babies do.

My 1" rose hair pushes her tiny pebbles around her enclosure.. kinda makes me think she/he is somehow working-out.

My 2" chaco however loves digging and throwing things around. One day I put a leaf in her enclosure then tomorrow I'll see it trashed somewhere else.

Some people find it boring... But to me, I find it fascinating! ;)

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
Mine does this awesome trick where if you tell it to stay put it does! It does this trick like all the time. It's amazing.

Taranto1989

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like how my King Baboon digs her burrow and is either expanding or collapsing tunnels. Always something new when i get home from work.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
That's easy. Eat! My B. vagans will eat anything, anytime. I like to lower the prey item with my tongs and he will jump inches in the air and tackle it! Sometimes I linger just to see how long before he gives up. He doesn't. I'll play tug o war with him too sometimes, obviously gently but he doesn't give up.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I like watching my T's doing normal things, like digging around, eating, webbing, walking around, best off all is molting with new colours and personalitys.

Will240393

Arachnopeon
Probably my GBB's insane hunger you can drop a cricket far on the other side from her and as soon as it touches the sub she goes on a rampage... get's it in seconds.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
Definitely feeding. So many cool attacks over the years. GBB and B vagans are great eaters, as mentioned, but my favorite to feed are baby Psalmopoeus. They're so ferocious!

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
Digging and webbing are 2 of my favorite things to watch. Besides maybe watching second instars throw up tiny threat poses.

When my LP was in its old enclosure it used to move it's plastic leaf nightly untill it finally found a spot it liked and packed substrate around it to hold it in place over the entrance of its burrow. Now it just likes to fill it's water dish with substrate almost nightly.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
Hmmmm....

My B.Smithi constantly puts her plants in her water bowl.
My Nhandu's fill their dishes with substrate.
My male P.regalis keeps a crack shack
My "mean" G.rosea keeps her ping long ball in her hide!

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
I keep hearing mention of ping pong balls. Maybe I should try it...
My one G.rosea (the mean one), keeps hers in her house, my older girl however... She'll push hers around for a few days, and then I find her in a stress position facing the ball... She just may be an old "cat lady"!!!

CLICKBANGBANG

Arachnopeon
My versicolor is a great pet web. It..., it doesn't do anything. It's sad. Just a pet web. I feed and water the web and get nothing but a molt every few months. Kinda pathetic. :(

My G pulchra is a great eater and will attack it's food. B. smithi are all little chickens. Still small, but they will run from a fruit fly. The B. vagans are good eaters as well and are really great at letting me know if they need more water.

My Apis mellifera give me truckloads of honey very year. :)

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
My a.geniculata sling does this funny little thing at feeding/watering/just checking on her time. She has a hide but spends the majority of her time outside it enjoying the moist substrate (seriously, she is bananas for wet sub and her water dish), but open her container and she darts inside the hide...which would be normal until the dance starts. She darts in normally from the front, but then goes in, out, in, out, in...but sideways, like a crab walks, except she's not walking, it's more of a sudden movement to the right, then back to the left and inside the hide.... The first time she did it I full on stared for I don't know how long thinking 'Is my T doing what I think my T is doing?'...it's just so odd, but neat. I really need to get this on camera before she molts and changes personalities and then never does it again.

Jquack530

Arachnosquire
Lets's see...well last time I went to open my OBT's deli cup, it bolted as usual into its burrow and then instantly came back out upside down with fangs out ready to eat my face. First time it has done that. It's finally getting its world famous temperament at around 3 inches. The other cool thing is my C. darlingi just stands its ground, as it has for awhile, but recently when I open the deli cup it tries to wedge its legs into the space and pry it open as if to say "don't back out now, you wanted to open the lid, so let's open that lid!" I"m not looking forward to rehousing these 2 at all lol I recently rehoused my P. regalis as it had outgrown its deli cup. I moved her (I'm hoping. always destroys molts and whenever there is a clear ventral shot as soon as I investigate it moves so I can't look clearly) and it was a total sweetheart. When I was nudging it to move her into the 1 gallon plastic jar she was pretty cooperative. At the end she kinda curled like she was saying "please stop prodding at me." as for my NW's they are pretty standard in their behavior. My Avic's do some pretty awesome acrobatic ninja stuff when tong fed, but normally I just let them catch their own meal. I pretty much only tong feed them meal worms anymore.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I have a regalis who can throw some pretty impressive threat poses. I suppose she is an odd one, because while most other regalis seem to be skittish and prefer to just bolt when threatened, this girl stands her ground and doesn't hesitate to strike at the tongs. My H mac juvie has some really cool burrowing techniques. It also hides under the substrate much like a trapdoor spider, and the crickets literally just get sucked underneath the substrate. I nicknamed it "The Graboid spider". The rest of mine just eat, poop in their eater dishes, drink water off the glass when I mist, groom themselves, spin webs... ya know,, normal tarantula stuff.

Femangel

Arachnosquire
Plenty of funny action going on with my T's. Our rosie is z trie bulldozer, dragging plants around, digging holes, she acts more like a dog. My LP who recently molted has started playong hide and seek... She tries to squeeze herself on this impossibly small corner of the terra and always still has her but sticking out, guess she's not too good at hide and seek. My B. Smithi will often stand with its but held high up as if making itself bigger wich is totally cute! We also have a new spiderling B. Albopilosum and when we moved it from it's expo container to it's deli cup at home it somehow grabbed on to the paintbrush with all leges except two and refused to let go. Shame for the last two leges holding on to it's old home, else it would have been the easiest move ever!

Ps. I've read about using pingpongballs a lot! Am so gonna give a few of mine one! Has to be awesome to actually see T's at play!

HotdogPrincess

Arachnopeon
My Selenocosmia stirlingi, is my currently largest/most mature spider, it was my first and my baby basically so everything it does i find adorable. Cutest thing i ever saw it do one day was randomly walk out of its burrow, over to the far side of the tank where theres a little free space and a water dish. And it just wandered up to the glass, sat there for a few minutes, then slowly wandered back into its burrow. So random and cute, almost like it was peering into a nearby scorpion enclosure.

845BigRed

Arachnosquire
Pfffft I taught my Rose Hair the best trick ever. I look her in the eye and say "stay", come back from work and shes in the same spot as before.

In all honesty though my T Stirmi basically catches superworms when I drop them in, I tossed one in last monday it lasted literally half a second.

ClosetCollector

Arachnosquire
A few of my T's have some surprisingly quirky behaviors. My N.carapoensis rushes out of its hide and slaps all of the water out of the dish after I fill it. Then it just sits there waiting for a refill as I fill it a second time it stands there and runs it's legs through the water. During feeding he/she snatches up the crickets with lightening speed, then it gets up on the tips of all it's legs and slowly spins in a circle as it eats it's dinner. I have an Avic Avic in a tall gallon container from Walmart, it has made the most awesome tube web from the very top all the way down to the water dish. My curly hair has dug a huge cavern along one side of the kk its in and it marches around inside like its guarding the Place. My G Rosea comes out and supervises me while I fill it's water if I get even one drop outside the dish she high steps away and instead of going in the hide she sits on top. pretty sure she cusses the whole way. Pretty sure she has bipolar,one day you can reach in and do whatever, the next she acts super offended.