What's the best/coolest looking T in your opinion?

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Nice irminia. How's her temper mine was docile until her last molt now every time I try to feed her threat posture
Hes very skittish, escaped twice during his last rehousing. I havent seen a threat posture yet, but he does come out a lot more than before.

Marc Nav

Arachnopeon
Can't narrow it down so I'm just going to spam photos of some of my favourites.

View media item 51441
Dude beautiful looking teeth
Can't narrow it down so I'm just going to spam photos of some of my favourites.

View media item 51441
Beautiful
Hes very skittish, escaped twice during his last rehousing. I havent seen a threat posture yet, but he does come out a lot more than before.
Nice that must be nice mine gets deffensive when im in there. She wasn't like that when I bought her though she was the easiest ree house out of all my ts

Last edited by a moderator:

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
Not much love for the pokies here? I saw a photo of a P. regalis and it blew my tiny mind. Had to get one myself. Maybe they are a little too try hard in their markings...

Also B. boehmei are elegantly (elegentaly?) beautiful imo. On mybucket list

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
To add to how great Pamphobeteus are, look at the slings abdomen, most (but not all) slings in this genus have this amazing ‘Christmas tree’ pattern:
939BD0D2-3F25-4F3E-9F9D-55BFFC7358D2.png

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Not much love for the pokies here? I saw a photo of a P. regalis and it blew my tiny mind. Had to get one myself. Maybe they are a little too try hard in their markings...

Also B. boehmei are elegantly (elegentaly?) beautiful imo. On mybucket list
When i was a kid i used to be in aw of p metallicas and i wanted one so bad but recently i've read a comment on Eulers video (i think) about some re... not smart man that tried to handle it-long story short it bit him and his heart rate dropped to 30 bpm in the hospital. 30 bpm sounds kinda fake but i'm still not ready for pokies no thank you :dead:

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
2316FABF-0EA2-485F-9D84-0A20D0A788ED.jpeg 9A00FD62-412B-4B81-ADF8-95188EFEAD59.jpeg 40041800-33B7-4D22-833C-FA71BD68EA97.jpeg
I’m a sucker for blue Ts and any Ts with red. I also like blonde Ts. My top 3 prettiest Ts are in no particular order. I only listed ones I currently have in my collection.

1. C. lividum (Cobalt Blue)
2. B. hamorii (Mexican Red Knee)
3. A. chalcodes (Arizona Blonde)

Love my mature female A chalcodes. The blonde and black legs with bronze abdomen is just beautiful in my opinion. Too bad she is a hair kicker extreme. Water, feed or look at her wrong and she kicks hairs. I do love though that she is always out and barley uses her burrow. She knows she is a big spider at a little under 6 inches DLS. Great display T for when company stops by.

Funny thing is. None of the ladies that work with my wife at the ER will come to our house due to the Ts and Scorpions. Like we let them have free run of the house or something. LMAO

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
To add to how great Pamphobeteus are, look at the slings abdomen, most (but not all) slings in this genus have this amazing ‘Christmas tree’ pattern
So do Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus and they're much more amusing to keep ;)
(I'm biased, I love Psalmos whereas the only Pamphs I like the look of are antinous and solaris)
View media item 48909

tewebag

Arachnoknight
My favorite changes a lot (as I get them or find something even better) but currently my top want for the look is, Neostenotarsus sp suriname

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
So do Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus and they're much more amusing to keep ;)
(I'm biased, I love Psalmos whereas the only Pamphs I like the look of are antinous and solaris)
View media item 48909
Those are fightin' words. But I get that, I'm more biased towards large NW terrestrials (mainly Pamphobeteus & Phormictopus) but I did tell myself if I was ever going to get an arboreal, I'd get the Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus since they do look like tree dwelling Pamphos when young and I wouldn't feel like I was cheating my collection haha

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm still starting out but i'm pretty sure my first OW will be from the ceratogyrus genus, amazing animals
1538686461269.jpg 1536305273920.jpg
I am SO in love with these two girls, too! And their temperaments are fantastic... not spooky or defensive, but great eaters! You cannot go wrong with a Ceratogyrus :) (my AF marshalli refuses her photo being taken lol)

When I talk to colleagues and friends about tarantulas, I show them images of various species. They’re always most impressed by Chromatopelma cyanepubescens and Poecilotheria metallica.

Personally, there are so many species I love the look of, but Lapropelma violaceopes wins, for me.
Whenever it comes out in conversation that I have Ts the response is always, "DO YOU HAVE ONE OF THOSE BIG BLUE ONES?!" It drives me insane! Especially because I DO have a P. metallica - against my will - who has turned out to be an amazing spider in her own right. But damn it, why does she have to be blue?!

O. philippinus
Yesss!

Sykomp

Arachnopeon
I second this! I guess P. regalis is my dream T, the first time I saw the stripes I felt like my heart skipped a beat. I've never seen a T I wouldn't find beautiful though... some are just a bit more stunning than others, haha.