What's my t's worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I really don't think we want to clog up the forum with 'What's my spider worth' threads. That's not what we're here to talk about. But if your only interest in T's is the profit you can make on them, then I guess 'What's my spider worth' would be far more interesting than all those boring care threads the rest of us post about. Why bother learning things when you can hustle for a dollar?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hilarious...i cant wait to see the entire get along gang thank/like your comment.
Tgrip my good old buddy, ME TOO! I don't have the time to keep track because I'm too busy SEARCHING for information. I'm glad you have the time, maybe you can report back in this thread and let us all know? Thanks!

for chits and giggles...you should try and search the word "search" here on AB...see how many of your posts (other smartbutts) come up :)

According to the AB forum search engine, entering the word "search" pulls up 110 pages of threads in 18.89 seconds. I'd look more, but I'm too busy SEARCHING for relevant information.

and even if your master, poec54 told you its ok ....you shouldnt be encouraging ventral sexing for somebody thats looking to sell a suspected female P metallica...there is a good chance somebody may get screwed out of a couple hundred bucks

I'm master of my domain, are you? :clown:

I wasn't encouraging anyone to do anything. I offered up some advice that may be useful. Notice the word "MAY" I used TWICE in that bit of information?

Alas, I know it's tough to remember what someone wrote when you are busy keeping track of Poec54, Formerphobe and my own responses on the AB Forum, I'll cut you some slack THIS ONE time only ;)

salmonpink

Arachnopeon
Wow. A simple question turns into this. I could have searched but I wanted the opinion from people in the hobby. Last I checked they are both tarantulas and this is tarantula chat. If everyone took the time to search who needs this forum. Thanks for
Clogging it up with a bunch of bs though.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really don't think we want to clog up the forum with 'What's my spider worth' threads. That's not what we're here to talk about. But if your only interest in T's is the profit you can make on them, then I guess 'What's my spider worth' would be far more interesting than all those boring care threads the rest of us post about. Why bother learning things when you can hustle for a dollar?
I think you may be jumping to conclusions a bit too soon.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Tgrip77

Arachnosquire
:) this is why i usually stay clear of the Q/chat area

Wow. A simple question turns into this. I could have searched but I wanted the opinion from people in the hobby. Last I checked they are both tarantulas and this is tarantula chat. If everyone took the time to search who needs this forum. Thanks for

---------- Post added 04-28-2014 at 05:15 PM ----------

did he really say that? lol

Last edited:

netr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Try browsing the classifieds and see what those species at that size are going for.
I interpret nothing petulant or unhelpful whatsoever about this response. It was sound advice. *shrug*

In any case, my two cents on the P. met are that setting a high price on an unsexed spider from a readily available species is unfair on the buyer. 'Suspected female' isn't good enough, as was already said above.

Last edited:

Tgrip77

Arachnosquire
I interpret nothing petulant or unhelpful whatsoever about this response. It was sound advice. *shrug*
what if all the ads are "best offer" with no set price ....formerphobe?

netr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what if all the ads are "best offer" with no set price ....formerphobe?
That is a valid concern, but surely not an actual problem given that we're talking about the hobby's most coveted spider.

Edit - moot, see previous post.

Tgrip77

Arachnosquire
Every ad must have a set price. Try again. ;)
what about a trade request....isnt that pretty much the same thing as a best offer....WTT or WTB ads dont have a set price.
can you explain to me why a FS ad would need a set price?....maybe the seller (like OP) has no idea what its worth in todays market (thanks to people like poec54 frowning upon such discussions)...and just wants to see what kind of offers will be thrown their way

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
what about a trade request....isnt that pretty much the same thing as a best offer
You're going to argue with everything, aren't you? Don't you have other people to annoy somewhere else?

Keith B

Arachnobaron
They told you to search the classifieds section, which was a perfectly valid answer because it's absolutely loaded with hobbyists opinions of prices. The classifieds can also be narrowed using the search tool to a specific species. If the forum didn't exist, there'd be nothing to search, which makes searching a very vital tool to make the best use of the forum. Being told search isn't "blowing you off", it's people who are on the forums more often than you telling you that the answers you seek are already there. You should scratch off "who needs this forum" and instead follow "If everyone took the time to search" with "there wouldn't be so many redundant posts costing us all valuable time to read and retype an answer to". The data you're seeking is much more apparent in the classifieds than what 1, 2, or even 10 people can give you an answer for. You get to see what people are asking for, and sometimes also what people who are seeking a spider are offering for it. The classifieds also stay current cause prices fluctuate endlessly. Tgrips price may be an accurate range today, but could be too high in a weeks time.

The question you're asking has no definitive answer, because you have to keep up with the changing value of your specimens. Hope this helps and doesn't come across too rough. I'll re-answer questions over and over if I have to. I'm nice and I have no problem with doing that. But it does incline myself and others to tell people to search, just so we don't have to see the same questions so much :p The forums can be very time consuming if you're always answering questions that are already answered. Yours isn't so much as a repeat question, as it is a question that's answerable in other sections of the forum.

The thread blew up into bs because somebody felt that only specific numbers were valid answers and named names negatively. Always starts an argument.. I give him credit for trying to be the nice guy and give you the answer to the question as specifically as possible, but there's no need to turn hostile on other members so quickly for offering a valid suggestion. Just my two cents. Now to go feed my spiders. Goddnight and I love you all <3 lol

---------- Post added 04-28-2014 at 07:22 PM ----------

what about a trade request....isnt that pretty much the same thing as a best offer....WTT or WTB ads dont have a set price.
can you explain to me why a FS ad would need a set price?....maybe the seller (like OP) has no idea what its worth in todays market (thanks to people like poec54 frowning upon such discussions)...and just wants to see what kind of offers will be thrown their way

It's the owners responsibility to find an average price and haggle. If we give too high a price, he'll piss people off trying to trade the spider for somebody else's whole collection ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Be careful with Keith B's elitist answer ;) He's thrown me under the bus, more often than a bus makes stops heheh :D

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Be careful with Keith B's elitist answer ;) He's thrown me under the bus, more often than a bus makes stops heheh :D
You just make for very easy roadkill ;) You keep coming back for more anyway lol. There isn't a big enough bus out there.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You just make for very easy roadkill ;) You keep coming back for more anyway lol. There isn't a big enough bus out there.
Hahahah Clever, very clever!!! The best yet! Wait till I publish my Leggy Theorem, it will go down in history like E=mc^2 ;)

Tgrip77

Arachnosquire
FOR SALE:

4.5" suspected female P. metallica...2 miillon dollars or best offer
confirmed 6" female P. fasciata.....1.5 million dollars or best offer

dont forget to write out your terms or service

youre welcome OP and good luck

thread locked!

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the nonsensical High school caliber bickering in this thread makes my head hurt...

If I were selling..
AF P.metallica $450
AF P.fasciata $150

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a bunch of full grown Heteropoda maxima, Poecilotheria rajaei and Scolopendra gigantea. How much are they worth? ;)

Last edited:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Why not read the rules of the classifieds? Since you frown upon people saying search yourself. Here's todays second rule spoon feeding;

Classifieds Rule #3
No auctions or implied auctions. You must include the asking price in your for sale ad, no exceptions. An ad such as:
P. murinus, 2.5" unsexed $20 or best offer.
is fine. An ad such as:
P. subfusca slings, make an offer
is not. If you post an ad without a price or if you link to a pricelist elsewhere or link to an auction site, it will be deleted immediately. This includes ads with partial pricing. Meaning every item listed for sale in your ad MUST have a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.