What to do when you get bit?

burmish101

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just a question but all those that pop pain pills and drink on it, do you have very low pain tolerence? Or are you afraid that the bites hurt much more than they do? I've had bites that caused allot of pain but nothing that couldnt be handled with a little t.v. or something to that extent Oo

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just a question but all those that pop pain pills and drink on it, do you have very low pain tolerence? Or are you afraid that the bites hurt much more than they do? I've had bites that caused allot of pain but nothing that couldnt be handled with a little t.v. or something to that extent Oo
What have you been bitten by, how large was it, and do you think you got a full load?

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to go out on a real limb here and say you're experience with old world bites is minimal. :rolleyes:
He's been bitten by an h. mac. It may not be an s. cal but its still pretty stout...apparently.

Why take anything at all? Just sit back and let it run its course. Yeah, its probably going to suck but think about how it feels. Concentrate on the feelings. You're going to make it through with no to minimal side effects and its just going to be a memory before long. At least this way, you can always look back on it and you can tell a good story.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i don't know about OW tara bites (never been bit, and don't keep them anymore) but for my worst centipede bite i don't think i slept for about 36h straight from the pain

and i play with pain for fun... it hurt quite a bit :)

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He's been bitten by an h. mac. It may not be an s. cal but its still pretty stout...apparently.
H. macs are indeed supposed to hurt. Do you know how large it was and whether he thinks he got a full load? I have a high pain tolerance and can ride just about anything out, but why? Moreover, I'll use any excuse to drink scotch, lol. :D

dantediss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea to be honest i dont take medicine and very rarely do i drink, im not a hardass pain is pain...But i usually ride it out and try to hold onto the sensation,It makes you alot more cautious in the future...And if you think a t bite is bad may i suggest a jellyfish... now those are man makers

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And if you think a t bite is bad may i suggest a jellyfish... now those are man makers
Been there when in Mexico once. I have no idea what species it was but it wasn't fun. By the way, do those things envenomize prey or is it simply a poison to say "get away!" ?

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He mentioned a while back how big it was, I think 3 or 4 inches. Said it messed him up for a coupla months (gotta love the h. mac goodness)

As for jellies, yes, they envenomate their prey. They're very fragile animals and by having very potent venom, they minimize the risk of injury from struggling prey. And its also defensive. If the victim survives, hopefully it'll try to avoid them in the future.