What T would "fit" in this enclosure?

Legion09

Arachnoknight
"fit" as in...make the most use of it? I like getting slings and juvies as opposed to adults, so the 4X4X5 inch cube should fit. Though I'm thinking something in the 1.5-2 inch range as the air holes up top are a little large....though I can just tape them off and use the side holes I made.

Yes, I got bored one evening and built this on a wim and kind of like it a lot in it's design. It has multiple levels..the ground with a "hide" and two platforms above, along with the fake plant to make level travel fun and easy! :love:

So...what do you think would take advantage of this lovely little home?

Thanks for looking! :D

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I like your design, maybe you could put a juvie LP or B,smithi they would look really nice as your enclosure looks natural.

Good luck and let us know what u decide.

Legion09

Arachnoknight
I currently have a GBB...too small to fit in it right now...same with my LP sling...though I suppose I could just hold onto it until they get big enough. However, my wife really enjoys how the B. boehmei looks....close enough to a smithi...lol. Do they tend to use their enclosures or would it just sit in the hide on bottom until it molted out too large for it?

Personally, I thought a dwarf species may make use as they seem to web a bit more than some (that I've seen in threads here)....but then I would be looking for an adult and them things expensive..lol

I could see how a juvie GBB would be pretty awesome in it based on the webbing they do...would definitely work it's way around the enclosure...Are there any others that act similarly? H. incei gold? E. sp. "red", etc...(though I just realized those two are dwarf T's I think...lol...

Legion09

Arachnoknight
Hmmm...the Tapinauchenius latipes is available over at Ken's (In town for me), and so is a Heterothele villosella...though it's a tad too small. He doesn't have any linothele sp, and I already have an OBT...she's just about 2.5 inches and would fit...but I already housed her in something larger so I wouldn't have to re-home her too much..lol

These are great suggestions! Giving me more to research and look up. Keep them coming! Pics of them in their enclosures get bonus points. :cool:

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just wanted to point out that Linothele isn't a genus of tarantula. It's in the family Dipluridae.

Legion09

Arachnoknight
Just wanted to point out that Linothele isn't a species of tarantula. It's in the family Dipluridae.
And that would explain why I didn't see it under the Tarantulas on his site..lol! He has Linothele curvitaris 1.75 inch and Linothele megatheloides .75 inch

Probably won't be allowed those since my wife prefers the T's and still dislikes true spiders...

Thanks for the info paassatt

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And that would explain why I didn't see it under the Tarantulas on his site..lol! He has Linothele curvitaris 1.75 inch and Linothele megatheloides .75 inch

Probably won't be allowed those since my wife prefers the T's and still dislikes true spiders...

Thanks for the info paassatt
I hate the term "true spider" but even in that context, Linothele isn't one. It's a mygalomorph, therefore technically not a "true spider". That term is reserved for araneomorph spiders.

Legion09

Arachnoknight
I hate the term "true spider" but even in that context, Linothele isn't one. It's a mygalomorph, therefore technically not a "true spider". That term is reserved for araneomorph spiders.
I figured that to be the case...however, in this context...my wife sees it as either a Tarantula/not a Tarantula. I'm lucky she lets me keep a wolf spider, much less capture/collect black widows and huntsmans for trade to Ken.

macbaffo

Arachnolord
thanks paassatt my mistake i got carried away thinking about good webbers and forgot that Legion was asking for a T lol

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I figured that to be the case...however, in this context...my wife sees it as either a Tarantula/not a Tarantula. I'm lucky she lets me keep a wolf spider, much less capture/collect black widows and huntsmans for trade to Ken.
Maybe she'll come around eventually. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
H. villosella all the way! You won't even have to rehouse her as she won't get bigger than 2" -2.25" ;)

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Other than the mentioned GBB I don't think a terrestrial T like a boehmei or smithi as you suggested would take full advantage of the structures in there. Most any bigger pre-juvie arboreal sling would love it though. P. irminias are nice and I bet your wife would like any avics. I really like my A. versicolors!

Legion09

Arachnoknight
Other than the mentioned GBB I don't think a terrestrial T like a boehmei or smithi as you suggested would take full advantage of the structures in there. Most any bigger pre-juvie arboreal sling would love it though. P. irminias are nice and I bet your wife would like any avics. I really like my A. versicolors!
I have a P. irminia and a P. cambridgei, as well as an A. versicolor...all have their own little homes and have been re-housed recently.

She does like most avics. A simple A. metallica may not be a bad idea....going to look into the H. villosella as well.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have a P. irminia and a P. cambridgei, as well as an A. versicolor...all have their own little homes and have been re-housed recently.

She does like most avics. A simple A. metallica may not be a bad idea....going to look into the H. villosella as well.
They're awesome webbers, that's for sure. Mine is out pretty much all the time and visible in her webbing. Very easy to take care of, but also very fast ;)

T-ray

Arachnopeon
I have a little obt (P murinus) thatthas made use of the dirt & height combo, so that's always a species worth a try.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Legion09

Arachnoknight
So....I decided to just move my GBB sling right into it...it's massive compared to her...since she is roughly 0.75 inches DLS...but I figure she'll make use of it...and that my collection of T's probably shouldn't grow any more quite yet...Probably time to work on proper(read: aesthetically pleasing) housing and since most of my collection is slings...they'll be growing larger and taking up more space as well.

The odd thing is...as soon as I put her in and placed her in her spot...she rubbed the underside of her abdomen against the corkbark...back and forth with noticeable dragging. She did this for about 5 seconds, two different times and I wasn't fast enough with the video to take a good vid of it. o.0 Never seen a spider drag itself side to side like it was itching it's belly...

But anyways....I imagine she'll molt soonish and grow into it for a while...I did tape off the larger holes up top for no escaping...(I folded tape over and cut it to fit directly over the holes and then taped those down so there would be no accidental adhesive action going on....)