What new T's did you get?

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I picked up a Cobalt Blue at a show about a month ago. A young adult which looks sort of male, but it hasn't molted yet so I can't be certain. Lovely color though, it stays in plain view much more than the others I have had, and appears very healthy. Funny because I have a ton of substrate but it just made a couple of depressions in the corners, not the usual tunnels.

netr

Arachnoknight
Just arrived home with a newly-moulted Avicularia huriana spiderling. Noting the fuzzy appearence of the adults of this species and then the price (equivalent to about $13 USD) I couldn't resist it. It's a very pretty little specimen and my first Avicularia, so I'm happy to have investigated this genus at last (although all my acquisitions beyond G. rosea have actually been within the last few weeks). Seems to be docile so far, although one short dart as I housed it was I think the fastest I have seen any tarantula move yet.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Avics are nothing but fun to raise, i don't have any right now but I started mine in vials and they became adults in tall plastic cookie jars from the supermarket. They scoot quickly a poo a lot but definitely an enjoyable T to have. My mother who died in 2006 at age 95 was born in Denmark. I think the immigration certificate said something like Navskov, Lulland Denmark. Mom's last name was Fredricksen.

netr

Arachnoknight
Avics are nothing but fun to raise, i don't have any right now but I started mine in vials and they became adults in tall plastic cookie jars from the supermarket. They scoot quickly a poo a lot but definitely an enjoyable T to have. My mother who died in 2006 at age 95 was born in Denmark. I think the immigration certificate said something like Navskov, Lulland Denmark. Mom's last name was Fredricksen.
I'm greatly looking forward to raising it and watching it grow, along with all other spiderlings lately accumulated. This A. huriana I'm keeping in a 280ml deli cup, which should have sufficient depth until the spider grows a little larger. Sounds like Nakskov, Lolland, a part of Denmark I wouldn't mind visiting before long! I'm actually English myself, but have spent three or so years living here.

pokemepokey

Arachnopeon
Picked up a cyriopagopus schioedtei, a psalmopoeus cambridgei, and a lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black"

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Wow, I'm super jealous!

I really want a B. smithi, B. boehmi and a B. emilia so badly. I think I would like the B. boehmi most of all though. And not little tiny slings that are going to take a year to show any color but some 3"+ specimens. They're so cut at that size with their adult colors and all. They're just expensive at that size and I don't have the money or room right now. But, you know, if I had everything I desired I would have nothing to look forward too.

Bobafett2k6

Arachnosquire
Wow, I'm super jealous!

I really want a B. smithi, B. boehmi and a B. emilia so badly. I think I would like the B. boehmi most of all though. And not little tiny slings that are going to take a year to show any color but some 3"+ specimens. They're so cut at that size with their adult colors and all. They're just expensive at that size and I don't have the money or room right now. But, you know, if I had everything I desired I would have nothing to look forward too.
I got a new B. smithi almost 2 weeks ago, about 1" DLS and it's colours were slightly visible (I put pics up here) but I've not seen it for almost a week now. It blocked up it's burrow and excavated a load of substrate out so I'm waiting patiently for a newly molted B. smithi to emerge and hopefully the colours will be a bit more pronounced and vibrant!

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Picked up a cyriopagopus schioedtei, a psalmopoeus cambridgei, and a lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black"

I have a C.schiodtei so what do you think of these guys mine is very secretive. he or she is still a small sling maybe a inch cant wait to see it when it finaly starts getting its adult colors in

netr

Arachnoknight
I just received a magnificent package, containing two Brachypelma albopilosum, one Psalmopoeus irminia and one Poecilotheria formosa. For the Brachypelma and Psalmopoeus I traded five N. chromatus (6-7mm DLS). The Brachypelma are about 1cm DLS and both got straight to work, digging quite literally as soon as they were on their new substrates. The P. irminia is 3.5cm DLS, and already showing the chevrons. Beautiful. I'm so excited finally to have one of these!
And as for the pokie, it's every bit as magnificent as I'd expected. Never had one before, this individual is a good 5cm DLS. It stayed absolutely still as I positioned the packing container over its new home, and then the moment the tongs made contact it was down into the container, across the bottom, up the opposite wall and out again before I'd had time to put on the lid ("Pleased to meet you - can't stop to chat"). I'd expected as much and made appropriate arrangements, but what a thrill. Somebody won't be having his/her lid opened very often. Anyway, it already seems to appreciate the cork hide I prepared for it, which is always a nice feeling.

I was unable thus far to get a single decent shot of the fellow, partly due to its position relative to the curved corners of the plastic, resulting in a lot of distortion. For now this is the best I could get:

I also got a ventral view, which I've posted in the sexing section, so if anyone would care to help me determine the gender I'd be most grateful: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gallery/showimage.php?i=28653&c=9

Update - seems to be a female then. Super.

Last edited:

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just recieved from kelly swift a C.elegans, C. portoricae and a O.aureotibialis. cant wait to get home and put them in thier new homes.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
If I only had the room and money!

I'd have my top 5. Of course, if I got my top 5 then I'd have to find a new top 5 which will be easy being that I have dozens on my want list. And if I had them all I would of course find new ones! It wouldn't ever end!

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Just placed an order for... 1x Cyclosternum fasciatum sling, 3x Hapalopus sp 'Columbia large' slings and a B. albopilosum sling. I've been trying not to buy anymore but... I've wanted the C. Fasciatum & H. sp 'Columbia large' for a long time just waited for the latters price to drop a bit. As for the B. albo they're a must have for any collection IMO and I just never got round to picking one up before now.

pokemepokey

Arachnopeon
Picked up a p. ornata, a p. formosa, a p. fasciata, and a l. violaceopes. Needless to say I'm extremely happy.

web eviction

Arachnolord
Haha if I would stop buying other inverts I could probably afford some new T's then again all I really want at the moment are a few males lol Actually pretty happy with the bunch I got :) that and space is limited....

pokemepokey

Arachnopeon
Sorry for the delayed response I didn't see it until now. My schioedtei is about 2.5-3.5 inches and so far she's been out and about assessing her new home. She doesn't seem to have the reputation of a bad attitude and quick to defensive responses that precedes her. She's a little shy as she will retreat into her hide at times, but other times she will just stay out when I go in to clean bolus or feed. She is extremely fast though. Time will tell and as I become more familiar with her ill give you more updates. But so far she seems mellow with a very slight shyness. Oh and I guess it's worth mentioning she is a great eater.
@moghue

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Ive decided to dive back in the hobby recently. Its been a year or more since ive ordered anything new..
and the 50 Ts i have were fed once a month without much interest from myself.

Last night I ordered:
2 P. tigrinawesseli 1"
2 P. smithi 1"
2 A. purpurea 1"
1 M. balfouri 1"
1 P. pulcher 1"

Im excited! They should be here tomorrow! :laugh:

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
the new arrivals got here just now all rehoused sadly the seller ran out of C. fasciatum so i swapped it for another H. sp 'colombia large' and they also chucked in a freebie so i ended up with 5 of these and a B. albopilosum sling.

pics (if you don't want pics posted in the thread NJnolan drop me a PM i'll remove them):

B. albopilosum, roughly 3cm DLS:

H. sp 'Columbia large' sizes ranging from 0.5cm-0.8cm DLS (pics ain't the best due to the size of them lol):

traxfish

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently picked up an E. murinus from the local reptile store. It was an impulse buy. She was just too pretty lol. She's also full of spunk which I can appreaciate...