What is this?

BatGirl

MAJOR
Old Timer
Poopie!

Just ignore xhexdx, I do (that's why he's on my ignore list, but unfortunately people post his stuff and I still have to... endure the ranting).

But back to the subject - the 'things' veery much appear to be dried up fly larve eggs. They start out white and if kept moist they will hatch into little maggots - but if left to dry out they die and turn yellow and then turn dark brown. Get rid of them!

Tarantula poopie... that's so funny {D

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't quite get my head around why you would ignore the most knowledgeable people on this site. Why do you bother staying around, merely for the purpose of bitching?=/

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Just ignore xhexdx, I do (that's why he's on my ignore list, but unfortunately people post his stuff and I still have to... endure the ranting).
Yeah, I know a number of people ignore him, but I think it would be counter productive to block anyone reason being this is knowledge site. Besides, I have seen nothing new on this thread.

bee67

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't plan on ignoring him anytime soon. He is reliably one of the first to give me straight answers, has a lot of knowledge and experience and is passionate about the hobby. I have been corrected numerous times by him, but I probably deserved it- and he's worth listening to. I see you have also blocked other knowledgeable and considerate members of this board. I would advise unblocking them, and "enduring their ranting" in order to receive the wealth of knowledge they're willing to share with you :)

On the other hand, thanks for your input. Whether it is poo (which I strongly suspect it is) or larvae, I cleaned it up and no longer have to worry about it.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's definitely not 'fly larve eggs', whatever those are.

Whether she meant fly eggs, or fly pupae doesn't matter. It's not either of those.

Just thought I'd mention that.

Thanks for the support, guys. ;)

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sure you and your Brumese Cobalt Blues are on a lot more ignore lists than Joe is....

rexi_doll

Arachnopeon
i think someone needs taken down a few notches... calm down dude. Seriously. It's rather annoying when you act like a know it all in EVERY thread you post it..... Myself and my family has had T's since I was born, and I wouldnt even THINK to act that way.... GROW UP

ANYWAYS.... It doesnt so much look like poop, but may as well be. Either way, I'd remove it. Better safe than sorry.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i think someone needs taken down a few notches... calm down dude. Seriously. It's rather annoying when you act like a know it all in EVERY thread you post it..... Myself and my family has had T's since I was born, and I wouldnt even THINK to act that way.... GROW UP

ANYWAYS.... It doesnt so much look like poop, but may as well be. Either way, I'd remove it. Better safe than sorry.
Who exactly are you talking to? :?

rexi_doll

Arachnopeon
Who exactly are you talking to? :?
xhexdx........... seriously... every thread he posts in, he's got some major attitude. it's pretty annoying. maybe im taking him the wrong way or something?

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
xhexdx........... seriously... every thread he posts in, he's got some major attitude. it's pretty annoying. maybe im taking him the wrong way or something?
Its ok, a lot of people confuse "attitude" with simply being corrected, questioned or simply wanted to know where they got their info around here.

Joe - CAK

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its ok, a lot of people confuse "attitude" with simply being corrected, questioned or simply wanted to know where they got their info around here.

Joe - CAK
No, a lot of people have issues with him questioning to the point he finally finds something wrong, or asking 10 question to slowly lead to what he wanted to point out was wrong instead of just stating/asking it directly. I honestly don't like him that much, but he is very informative. Ignoring something is rather pointless when not responding does the same thing. Batgirl could simply not respond to anything they comment, and hopefully they would just stop responding to any of her comments other then to correct obvious misinformation. She would learn much more that way, but that is her personal choice.

It's definitely not 'fly larve eggs', whatever those are.

Whether she meant fly eggs, or fly pupae doesn't matter. It's not either of those.

Just thought I'd mention that.
The OP can ignore the above quoted post all together as it is misinformation tied into a personal attack, and completely useless. If you really want an actual answer as to what those are in your picture you need a better picture. There is far to little detail to really claim if is fecal matter,larva,or pupae.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is far to little detail to really claim if is fecal matter,larva,or pupae.
Says you. They're not the right shape, color, or texture to be pupae, and they're not the right shape, size, or color to be eggs.

Pupae: http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agricultu...sect-pests/qff/images-and-extras/ff-pupae.jpg

Eggs: http://www.everythingabout.net/arti...s/insects/flies/fruit_fly_laying_egg_full.jpg

People who take all of my posts as ridicule, bashing, etc., just aren't familiar with my posting style. If you want to sit and bash me, start a new thread in The Watering Hole.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Says you. They're not the right shape, color, or texture to be pupae, and they're not the right shape, size, or color to be eggs.

Pupae: http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agricultu...sect-pests/qff/images-and-extras/ff-pupae.jpg

Eggs: http://www.everythingabout.net/arti...s/insects/flies/fruit_fly_laying_egg_full.jpg

People who take all of my posts as ridicule, bashing, etc., just aren't familiar with my posting style. If you want to sit and bash me, start a new thread in The Watering Hole.

Unfortunatly there are as many species of fly, as there are spider, give or take, and like most creatures the biodiversity is large, there is a chance that it is a pupae stage of 'something' be it fly, parasite, catapillar. etc. There is a chance it could be an egg, simply of a different species. at this point as stated- to narrow down the chances of what it is, and what it isnt one would have

1) remove them for closer examination (thus negating worry of adult fly or arrent pest population in tank)
2) select one for diesction and study this way, chances of something slightly formed could be a possibility. or finding it to be simply. fecal matter.
3) better photographs for others to assit in what it is.

all in all, removal is suggested, followed by exmination and sterilization of where they appear. better safe then sorry neh?

I am assuming this is what was ment, that it is egg OR pupae, since human error occurs and we are not all english professors. infact most english profs I know type atrociously and use spell check. And hope it helps bring things back in line of the topic.

bee67

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm going to agree with Joe on this one that they are not fly pupae or eggs. I have the advantage of having actually seen them in person, and their "texture" so to speak isn't ridged like the pupae are. I'm more willing to believe they are components of poo, since they were sitting in a wet spot on the leaf. It's hard to see in the picture, but that's my conclusion. And also, I believe they're far too big to be individual eggs.

Either way, they are removed. Thanks for your help, everyone, and once again, sorry for the bad photo quality.