What do you all think of those exo terra arboreal enclosures.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
At one of my local pet shops they have a deal for what looked like a young adult Avic avic with a exo terra arboreal enclosure with all the works for $60. Do any of you have any experience using these enclosures with Avics/ arboreals? Also would you recommend them? I know the screen top could be a hazard and Idk how much cross ventilation you would get. 20170915_113931.jpg

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
They also had a P. Metallica there for $225.. I thought that was pretty cool. A little pricy though... Message_1505493606651.jpg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Great cages. No mods required for arboreals. Used them for years and raised multiple Poecilotheria, Avicularia, and a Lampropelma or two in them.

Would use them for all my arboreals if they weren't so expensive.

That's not a bad deal btw for the Avic. I'd take that.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ya, I just wanted to make sure those enclosures will house the arboreals
properly.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I use Exo Terra nano for my mid sized arboreals. Have done so for years. They are great.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ok now the hard part.... Trying to talk the wife into it hmmm......

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I love the Exo-Terra cages for arboreals. I've never had a problem with the screen top and they seem to provide adequate ventilation. I use the Exo-Terra Nano Tall for juveniles and the larger version for adults. I've also used them for huntsman spiders, fishing spiders, and whip spiders - and my husband likes them for his geckos. I particularly appreciate the option of being able to open the cages from either the top or the front as I've had spiders web the doors shut - particularly Avics/Caribena - and I prefer not to destroy their web tunnels if I don't have to.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ya I wouldn't shell out $50 or $60 a piece but for the complete package with the Avic and the sub, cork, plants water bowl $60 is a he'll of a deal Imo.

cold blood

Staff member
yeah, theyre great, just very expensive....but this one is much cheaper, and it comes with the t AND all the fixins....good deal..just try to confirm that it is a female....it would not be so good if its a penultimate male.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ya I asked... I guess some kid donated them to the store and they have only had them for a week now. So they have no clue. Is there any way to tell without the molt? They are selling another one the same size for $30.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ya I asked... I guess some kid donated them to the store and they have only had them for a week now. So they have no clue. Is there any way to tell without the molt? They are selling another one the same size for $30.
I wouldn't then.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I hate the backgrounds that come with them but other than that they're great enclosures, I have a couple of nano talls, I only get them when the price drops down though.

Same stuff, cheaper as hell, straight from Germany/Hungary etc here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361834220415
That's what I initially thought with these from TSS but since I got one I've found that I'm not overly keen on it, the guillotine door or that I have no top access.

I'd rather just fork out an extra few quid for an enclosure that looks better and is more functional.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
At one of my local pet shops they have a deal for what looked like a young adult Avic avic with a exo terra arboreal enclosure with all the works for $60. Do any of you have any experience using these enclosures with Avics/ arboreals? Also would you recommend them? I know the screen top could be a hazard and Idk how much cross ventilation you would get.
Given that a bare enclosure can go for more than $60, that seems like a good deal if you want an Avic.

Avicularia avicularia is one of the hardiest members of the genus (once you get past the sling stage). I have kept two of them in Exo Terra Mini/Tall enclosures. The only modifications I made were to remove the foam background (it crumbles apart, and feeders can hide behind it) and to cover the mesh with a sheet of cotton to discourage my Avics from climbing on the ceiling and getting their claws stuck.

It's true that cross ventilation is limited to that panel below the doors, but ventilation appears to be adequate in my experience. (I keep the substrate dry and provide a water dish.)

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ya the Avic Avic would be a nice addition to my collection of T's. Rite now I have a A. Seemani sub adult and then 3 slings: Versicolor, Smithi, and Hapolopus Columbia Lg. It would be nice to add another sub adult in the mix especially a Avic Avic.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
So I bought it! The Avic has about a 3 inch leg span. so Idk male or female its awesome either way for the price!

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
I already gave her a large cricket and she is currently eating so all is good!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I am wondering how long it has been in there given that there is 0% webbing that I can see. You might want to give it a different kind of plant cover to better web through. They like anchor points near the top.

Not a bad deal for the price though.