What do you all think of those exo terra arboreal enclosures.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
She was brought to the pet shop a week ago. As for how long she was in the exo terra idk. At least a couple days. Anyways I'm going to put a little more coco fiber with some sphagnum moss on the bottom and tinker with cork bark and plants.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
She was brought to the pet shop a week ago. As for how long she was in the exo terra idk. At least a couple days. Anyways I'm going to put a little more coco fiber with some sphagnum moss on the bottom and tinker with cork bark and plants.
Well if it was only in the Exo Terra for a couple of days that would explain why there is a lack of webbing.

Anyway, nice pick up.

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
I love the exoterra. I keep my A. avicularia in one and when my C. versicolor is large enough I'll put him in one too. I like that it has two access points. I've read of feeders getting behind the background, but it hasn't happened to me yet. My Avic is a really good eater though and usually grabs the food as soon as it touches webbing. I think I got my enclosure for 32 bucks brand new. It was worth it to me. Good luck with your new T.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've read of feeders getting behind the background, but it hasn't happened to me yet.
I never had feeders get behind them but they take up too much space so I replace with cork tile which looks nicer and is less than half the thickness..

I think @KezyGLA had a T somehow end up behind the poly background in one a little while back (if it wasn't you then I apologise, my memory is cack lol).

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yeah it was me. Asian arboreals love to squeeze in the back of the original backgrounds. I always swap out for natural cork

RemyZee

Arachnosquire
I really like the exos! I also like the zoo med (?) Bugariums. The only problem is you lose the double entry with those. Thankfully my A Avic anchors her web to her cork, so I don't have to disturb the web at all when I open it.

Great find and good deal on your new addition!

aphono

Arachnobaron
Yeah it was me. Asian arboreals love to squeeze in the back of the original backgrounds. I always swap out for natural cork
I never had feeders get behind them but they take up too much space so I replace with cork tile which looks nicer and is less than half the thickness..

I think @KezyGLA had a T somehow end up behind the poly background in one a little while back (if it wasn't you then I apologise, my memory is cack lol).
Is the cork glued on or propped up against the back?

aphono

Arachnobaron
Thanks to both of you.

I had hot glued cork bark to back of amac box for a C. versicolor sling. Very quickly discovered that was probably either not the best thing to do or needs to be done super carefully with extreme fit/sealing of the back part... So I wanted to double check before setting up the nano talls here. :)

Last edited:

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ya
I love the exoterra. I keep my A. avicularia in one and when my C. versicolor is large enough I'll put him in one too. I like that it has two access points. I've read of feeders getting behind the background, but it hasn't happened to me yet. My Avic is a really good eater though and usually grabs the food as soon as it touches webbing. I think I got my enclosure for 32 bucks brand new. It was worth it to me. Good luck with your new T.
Thanks! I really like the set up and I'm a big fan of Avics. I also have a Versicolor sling that I will probably house in the nano.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I use the 12x12x18 for large arboreals and the 8x8x12 for medium ones. I've got most of my Exo's used on CL. I'd never pay full price for a new one. One last thing. They are awesome for display

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
So I trimmed some of the plastic plants a little bit. Added a little plant on the other side and extended the cork bark. What do you think?
20170919_111807.jpg

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
I'm considering getting one of these. One of my concerns is whether there is an easy way to give feeders without risking escapes. I've been using the Exo Terra breeding boxes for my terrestrials and really like that I can open a little window to drop prey in.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I'm considering getting one of these. One of my concerns is whether there is an easy way to give feeders without risking escapes.
I haven't had a problem with arboreals trying to escape through the front-opening doors. I check where the spider is before opening the cage and don't leave the cage open unattended.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
I haven't had a problem with arboreals trying to escape through the front-opening doors. I check where the spider is before opening the cage and don't leave the cage open unattended.
What arboreals have you kept in this enclosure type? Looking over this thread again, I notice most of the discussion being on Avics, and my understanding is that their behavior is quite different from an OW arboreal. Maybe I am over-thinking, but I respect the speed of my Ephebopus murinus T's and I read the emphasis on the speed of OW arboreals and of course they are more venomous so I am trying to prepare myself with the safest enclosures and practices. :embarrassed::bookworm: