Update from a beginner

Sergic

Arachnosquire
@Sergic I noticed you don't like my post. Is there some information I provided that is wrong based on the poster's concerns? Perhaps you'd like to share some of your information to help the poster, instead dropping a negative emoticon which helps no one.
Sorry, must have accidently tapped dislike when I was reading earlier. Browsing on my phone apparently has it's problems. I undid the dislike, though.

I actually completely agree with your post. I got my P. irminia partly to get experience with a faster, potentially more defensive species, although I'm not sure I'll ever branch out into OW species. My fiancee barely tolerates the slower NW T's.:banghead:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Sorry, must have accidently tapped dislike when I was reading earlier. Browsing on my phone apparently has it's problems. I undid the dislike, though.

I actually completely agree with your post. I got my P. irminia partly to get experience with a faster, potentially more defensive species, although I'm not sure I'll ever branch out into OW species. My fiancee barely tolerates the slower NW T's.:banghead:
Yeah, on my phone it puts all the ratings tiny and close together. I need to find a better way to access it on the phone besides the web browser.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

No problem, I've written that type of response many times so I was surprised that someone didn't like it, hence my question. I thought perhaps maybe there was something I wasn't considering, anything is possible.

Hey @Chris LXXIX

Looks my Fan Club President Jiacobia disliked my post directed at Sergic for nothing hahahahh :cool:

Bambu

Arachnopeon
As per suggestion in another thread, I'm going to go ahead and order an A. geniculata sling from Jamie's Tarantulas to boost my experience with a fast-growing, aggressive-eating, large T. After this T, I'll stop adding to my collection until at least Thanksgiving, but stay active (or at least lurking) here.

Thanks again to everyone I've gotten advice and information from here! My Ts and I appreciate it. Y'all rock! :D

Last edited:

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
jacobi is a funny figure, he's comedic when he doesn't want to be, with his stalker-like ways and disliking even a super informative post simply because "X" user posted it.

cold blood

Staff member
My T budget is on hold as I am saving for some slings that should be ready to buy soon. I saw a good deal on a juvie female a week or so ago and was sorely temped. :)
I'd really urge you not to get a juvie...you'll miss out on the best parts...get a bunch of slings, if you are patient you should be able to get them really cheap, like $10 or even as freebies. They grow so dang fast that its a total waste to spend extra $ on a larger one....just feed it for a couple months and you'll have a juvie....but definitely get some, there is no way you could possibly be disappointed.

@Bambu , shoot me a message if you have any interest in G. pulchripes...you need some of these as well!

Bambu

Arachnopeon
Hey all! Glad this thread is still open.

Just received two G. pulchripes slings from cold blood, both are positively adorable and already full of personality. One is named Monte and the other is Zuma. Just set them up in deli cups, going to try feeding them in an hour or so.

I think next I'm going to see about getting a Neoholothele incei from Inland Sea Exotics, to check how I do with a faster species. Would a 16oz Deli Cup work for a 1" dwarf species for at least a couple months, or should I go for something a bit bigger?

As usual, thanks for any replies! You guys are great! :D

louise f

Arachnoangel
Hey congratz on the new ones. And from our very own CB :) Nice to see people support each other in here. <3

grimmjowls

Arachnoknight

Happens to me all the time. Don't you just hate that?

@Bambu, congrats on the new babies!

@cold blood... :watchingyou: you still have G. pulchripes on your hands?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Just received two G. pulchripes slings from cold blood, both are positively adorable and already full of personality. One is named Monte and the other is Zuma.
I'm happy for you, man. Oh, keep an eye about the curse: the curse of Montezuma, ah ah, an old Italian statement, my Dad used to tell that lol :p

Bambu

Arachnopeon
Went to a reptile show today, picked up an (young) Adult female A. chalcodes (now named Sunny.) Set her up in an Exo Terra Breeding Box with some dry (loose) coconut fiber, a small plastic plant clipping and moss for (completely unnecessary) decor, halflog hide, and plastic water dish. Looks pretty nice imo:

She's already webbed it up a bit, positively love her! :D

grimmjowls

Arachnoknight
Went to a reptile show today, picked up an (young) Adult female A. chalcodes (now named Sunny.) Set her up in an Exo Terra Breeding Box with some dry (loose) coconut fiber, a small plastic plant clipping and moss for (completely unnecessary) decor, halflog hide, and plastic water dish. Looks pretty nice imo:

Look at those leggies! Very cute.

Bambu

Arachnopeon
Looks pretty nice imo:
*enclosure image here*
And she got right to filling the water dish with dirt, moving the plant and moss to the other side of the terrarium, and completely ignoring the hide in favor of making her own burrow in a difficult place. She also tries escaping every possible opportunity and resists the will of the paintbrush. :artist:

I doubled her substrate (about 1 DLS from the top now), removed the hide, plant, and moss then made a small hole in the substrate to encourage a starter burrow.

I find all this super endearing to be clear. But wanted to check, is an 8 x 8 x 6 Exo Terra "Breeding Box" alright for her, or should I upgrade to something bigger? She's like 4" DLS I'd estimate.