Genus Theraphosa

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Very cool, Tom! Thanks for sharing.

Tonys spiders

Arachnosquire
Wow!! Thats awesome that he survived and was able to molt considering they have a hard time as is. If he survived till another molt, thatd be something else!
Tony

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow thats scary. A post ultimate giant. I hope you keep us further updated.

vixsta

Arachnopeon
Congratulations! :)

He looks to be rather healthy for a post mature male (lack of emboli aside), I was expecting to see a much more shriveled abdomen.

Very intriguing.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
cool pics! congratulations, although it would be more fun if he could have another round of making it out with the girls...

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Thanks man, unfortunately he died on Monday:( I was hoping to get pics of him making useless sperm webs, but he never really did much. Fun while it lasted !

Later, Tom

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, that is to bad, I really hoped he will last and observed longer, Sorry Man.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry to hear tom..Ive been periodically peeking in on this thread for updates, sadly there wont be any more. Was cool to think about while it lasted.

---------- Post added 05-31-2012 at 08:26 PM ----------

at least he can finally rest.. hes chasing crickets down in t heaven lol

colicabcadam

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi all, have not posted for a while, i thought you'd appreciate this exoskeleton, my spider lost a couple of legs, however, after this moult they came back !

Trace

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sold to me as a blondi, maybe a stirmi? What do you guys think?
theraphosa1.jpg

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Trace, Looks like a T stirmi subadult to me- but I'm only familiar with sling and ad f of the species. Pictures I've seen of younger T stirmi individuals seem to show a little more stubby hair around the patella, not so "bald" as mature females. I'm not at all familiar with T apophysis by way of hands-on experience. The pic doesn't clearly show the prosoma shape well. Overall, it looks rather dark. Most images I've studied of T apophysis look paler, often more reddish, although the latter may be an incorrect/variable distinction. Evidently, there may be other Theraphosa sp(p) out there as well but I think someone would be mentioning this by now were they suspected of being in captivity. Tom P/ Theraphosa pros?

Looks healthy whatever it is! Thanks for sharing. (-:

T