Theraphosa sp. "Burgundy" Marketing Scheme or Natural Variation

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I vote they are the same. T.blondi go through a unique color change from experience.
Yes, but they dont have pink tarsus as slings do they?

As Anastasia wrote:

Theraphosa blondi spiderlings dont have blond feet
Theraphosa apophysis spiderlings have all 8th feet blond
Theraphosa sp 'Burgundy' spiderlings have only 4 front feet blond

GForce14063

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had acquired 10 slings that had the 4 pink legs as slings.But when I read about T. apophysis having the pink tarsus I contacted the seller and he told me they were T blondi. So now they may be something totally different. They have grown out of the pink tarsus now so what do I call them now.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They are called Theraphosa sp. "Burgundy"
Many of them are wrongly sold as T. blondi:mad:

Theraphosa blondi has long hairs on patella and the "Burgundy" does not have those hairs
Burgundy:
http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/insect/images/T_sp_A.jpg

I had acquired 10 slings that had the 4 pink legs as slings.But when I read about T. apophysis having the pink tarsus I contacted the seller and he told me they were T blondi. So now they may be something totally different. They have grown out of the pink tarsus now so what do I call them now.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, but they dont have pink tarsus as slings do they?

As Anastasia wrote:

Also would like to point T apophysis spiderlings have blond palps is well
But Theraphosa sp 'Burgundy' palps are dark, not blond

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I purchased 4 blondi slings, all with the 4 front feet pink. They're blondi and visually, I can't see a difference between species and until there is scientifically solid proof that they are different, I'm not going to waste my money on an overpriced possibility.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Omg read the thread Theraphosa blondi dont have pink feet and thats a fact!!!!

This is a blondi sling http://www.creatureworld.dk/popup_image.php?pID=157&invis=1

I purchased 4 blondi slings, all with the 4 front feet pink. They're blondi and visually, I can't see a difference between species and until there is scientifically solid proof that they are different, I'm not going to waste my money on an overpriced possibility.

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Seems to me like Burgundys have dropped in price and I imagine they will a bit more when this becomes official. I expect true blondi will have the price go a bit. I was talking to a pretty big importer about this last month and he said most wild caught blondis comming into the US for the last 5 years has actually been this species. Thats a whole lot of mismarked ts.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If that is the real name that will be released, I'm going to be very happy. Now I don't have to change my cage labels that are abbreviated as Th_sp_#........Oh yeah.....I was planning ahead and didn't even realize it. I'll still wait the official paper, but that is interesting to know.

Last edited:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Seems to me like Burgundys have dropped in price and I imagine they will a bit more when this becomes official. I expect true blondi will have the price go a bit
Agreed!Seems like the real T.blondi is becoming very rare in US collections.Also people complaining about paying to much for the sp."Burgundy" should not complain as most blondi listed for sale are species burgundy lol!
-Chris

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wonder how many who has tried to breed with a real blondi male and a burgundy female with out knowing that they might be diffirent species.
I commented one of RobC´s videos that Zilla was a burgundy but he got pissed off at me.

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wonder how many who has tried to breed with a real blondi male and a burgundy female with out knowing that they might be diffirent species.
I commented one of RobC´s videos that Zilla was a burgundy but he got pissed off at me.
I wonder if any were successful. This is already going to be a mess with so many people possibly having mismarked blondis. Add a few disgruntled hobbyist who decide to sell them as blondis because they bought them as blondis. Plus the potential for hybrids. I know I won't be buying a blondi unless its from a trusted source and they have pictures for a long time lol.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wonder if any were successful. This is already going to be a mess with so many people possibly having mismarked blondis. Add a few disgruntled hobbyist who decide to sell them as blondis because they bought them as blondis. Plus the potential for hybrids. I know I won't be buying a blondi unless its from a trusted source and they have pictures for a long time lol.
Best thing is to ask for a picture of the patella region before doing bussines, hairs = blondi :)

I am going to stay with the Threaphosa sp. "Burgundy" since they seems to be more hardy and easier to breed than the T. blondi

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Would like to post my observation,
Also would like to point T apophysis spiderlings have blond palps is well
But Theraphosa sp 'Burgundy' palps are dark, not blond
Theraphosa apophysis spiderling

Theraphosa sp 'Burgundy' spiderling

Tom 'Philth' can contribute picture of Theraphosa blondi spiderling ;)

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am going to stay with the Threaphosa sp. "Burgundy" since they seems to be more hardy and easier to breed than the T. blondi
Sure they may be more hardy but Theraphosa species in general are easy to mate, difficult to get a viable eggsac. Mine has been mated twice so I'll be anxious to see what I get

Last edited:

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Omg read the thread Theraphosa blondi dont have pink feet and thats a fact!!!!

This is a blondi sling http://www.creatureworld.dk/popup_image.php?pID=157&invis=1
Best thing is to ask for a picture of the patella region before doing bussines, hairs = blondi :)

It's ironic that the next picture in the T. blondi slide show link that you provided in the first post I quoted has no hairs on the patellas. {D

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sure they may be more hardy but Theraphosa species in general are easy to mate, difficult to get a viable eggsac. Mine has been mated twice so I'll be anxious to see what I get

Being easy to breed is what i mean by getting a fertile eggsack.
So you have found this thread now i told you so many times about, sad that you ignored to answer the message i sent you @ youtube

/JensTwn

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's ironic that the next picture in the T. blondi slide show link that you provided in the first post I quoted has no hairs on the patellas. {D
He he yeah i know but that is an old picture.

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Being easy to breed is what i mean by getting a fertile eggsack.
So you have found this thread now i told you so many times about, sad that you ignored to answer the message i sent you @ youtube

/JensTwn
Wow dude, unreal man.