Theraphosa apophysis care?

Kaemon285

Arachnopeon
I haven't kept them myself, but I've never heard or read about a calm and tolerant Theraphosa species. :rofl:
They always seem to be irritated and quick to either kick hairs or stridulate and threat pose.
I wasn’t thinking Brachypelma calm but calm-ish when it comes to Theraphosas. Someone on FB told me it doesn’t matter which species I’ll buy so I’m going with T. apophysis

esa space station

Arachnoknight
I wasn’t thinking Brachypelma calm but calm-ish when it comes to Theraphosas. Someone on FB told me it doesn’t matter which species I’ll buy so I’m going with T. apophysis
The other alternative would be t stirmi or if u want real calm then believe it or not its in my opinion t blondi for sure .T stirmi ate good /abundant in large quantitys /reasonably priced .But are more aggressive than apophysis or t blondi although thats just opinion.good luck choosing

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
All you need is deep moist substrate with plenty of ventilation and a good hide. Keeping theraphosas is actually really easy, don't get what all the fuss is with theraphosas as being an advanced specie. If you can keep the sub moist and have good ventilation to avoid mold and fungus and give a good hide I find them super easy to care for. My female apophysis eating a roach.
Perfect answer. Anyone who says Theraphosa is hard to care for is ignorant.

Kaemon285

Arachnopeon
The other alternative would be t stirmi or if u want real calm then believe it or not its in my opinion t blondi for sure .T stirmi ate good /abundant in large quantitys /reasonably priced .But are more aggressive than apophysis or t blondi although thats just opinion.good luck choosing
Thanks a lot, im still leaning into the apophysis side but I’m bit afraid of the hairs, I read somewhere that they have the most hairs to kick, but I’m not sure if it’s true :/