The most active T ?

stanchan

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,
Just want to know which is the most active T in ur opinion, i mean not a pet rock,
eg. Always modifying their home, webbing...ect.

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
best I have is a C.darlingi but if your looking for beginner T's my B.vagans are pretty busy little guys, though pre-molt lasts forever on them.

---------- Post added 03-23-2015 at 09:14 PM ----------

my A.metallicas are pretty busy also. my L.P.'s never hide or burrow
but they just stand on there tiny cork islands like king of the mountain

gobey

Arachnoknight
I had a big LP always on the move and up to something.

stanchan

Arachnopeon
ya...i hv heard that LP are very welcoming too~

anyone hv thoughts about Phormictopus cancerides ?

cold blood

Staff member
ya...i hv heard that LP are very welcoming too~

anyone hv thoughts about Phormictopus cancerides ?
My P. cancerides are under 3", but always active....I clear their water dishes 3 times a day, its a blast:/

But yeah, always moving sub, or digging and demolishers of anything prey. Serious eaters that rival my Pamph, Lasi and Psalms. Never turn down food.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Avics, gbbs, taps, pamphs and phormics are all very active spiders and besides the taps are all pretty suitable for new people.

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
"Taps" are tarantulas from the Tapinauchenius genus. I agree with the others who mentioned T. gigas are active.

awiec

Arachnoprince
sorry….im still pretty new to the hobby, what does "taps" stands for?
Whoops my bad
Tap= Tapinauchenius, fastest genus of tarantulas known and not begginer friendly, one of my personal favorites though.
Avics=Avicularia, colorful aboreal spiders
GBB=Green Bottle Blue (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens) colorful terrestrial spider
Pamphs=Pamphobeteus, big south american spiders that are a favorite genus of mine
Phormics=Phormictopus, big south american spiders that I like a lot too

awiec

Arachnoprince
thank you Spider Faery and awiec :)

I am interested in Phormics too, but they are quite pricey n less often to be seen in the market...
depends what ones you are looking at, there are some very expensive ones but P.canerides should be pretty cheap even in china, they're not very colorful but they become big bold spiders.

El Consciente

Arachnopeon
My P. muticus sling by far.

Little guy is a BULLDOZER. Yesterday I went to bed seeing a level substrate and today woke up to a giant dirt pyramid and a cavernous underground lair...from a sling the size of a nickel. Curiously always above ground when I first see him, either just sitting out in the open or making a web-carpet. As soon as I approach or put the torch on him he makes a run to the burrow :)

stanchan

Arachnopeon
My P. muticus sling by far.

Little guy is a BULLDOZER. Yesterday I went to bed seeing a level substrate and today woke up to a giant dirt pyramid and a cavernous underground lair...from a sling the size of a nickel. Curiously always above ground when I first see him, either just sitting out in the open or making a web-carpet. As soon as I approach or put the torch on him he makes a run to the burrow :)
sounds exactly like my n. chromatus....darts to the burrow as soon as i put on the light or lift up his container...mental...hope he will chill down abit when mature...

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I'm with the others, GBB webs for fun I think lol. P irminia are pretty active too. My g pulchripes is pretty active as well but she's also weird and makes noises at night. so I'm not sure if that would be the general consensus on the species.

stanchan

Arachnopeon
I'm with the others, GBB webs for fun I think lol. P irminia are pretty active too. My g pulchripes is pretty active as well but she's also weird and makes noises at night. so I'm not sure if that would be the general consensus on the species.
@@what sort of noises? tapping sound u mean? i hv a g. pulchripes too, but only a sling, wouldnt use a hide even i hv provided one, so i think they should be pretty active when mature too~

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
@@what sort of noises? tapping sound u mean? i hv a g. pulchripes too, but only a sling, wouldnt use a hide even i hv provided one, so i think they should be pretty active when mature too~
Yep. Not mating tapping just tapping her legs on the side of her enclosure. The other day I came home and she had pushed her log over. Glad I wasn't home to hear that lol.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Can we split up categories?

Most active:

NW

OW

Arboreal

Vs

Terrestrial

Each category maybe too