The most active T ?

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P.irminia are very reclusive in my experience. P.cambridgei is much more active.

los3r

Arachnosquire
My a. Chalcodes is pretty active. Gave her a slab of cork to hide under and instead she chose to bury it, web it up, and spends most of the night bulldozing or just wandering about.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
My A. metallicas are very active. My T. stirmi was as well. Besides them my porteri is the most active...

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
The most active T I've ever had was my OBT. He was busy all the time -- bulldozing and webbing, rearranging things, filling up water bowl. And mine was out all the time pretty much. Many describe OBTs as pet holes.
Being a complete newbie, I only gave him less than 2 inches of substrate (plus a hide) -- he had that substrate webbed up practically to his lid, leaving just a scant bit on enclosure bottom. Best part was I got to watch him move the substrate with his mouth and place it where he wanted it. They are perfectionists -- he had a plan and he built and built and built.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Can we split up categories?

Most active:

NW

OW

Arboreal

Vs

Terrestrial

Each category maybe too
It's kinda hard as each spider is different but most can agree on that the NW tropicals are more active than their dryer climate cousins and OW can be very busy at night. My personal experience from my small collection is that my T.gigas, P.sp Purple and P.muticus are always doing something but more beginner friendly ones like my GBB and G.pulchripes have been pretty active as well.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
P.irminia are very reclusive in my experience. P.cambridgei is much more active.
My AF must be special. She does things all day but my slings are pretty reclusive compared to my p cam, so I guess you're right lol.

Wasabiroot

Arachnopeon
I will second LPs as being active tarantulas. Once they reach a certain size they become quite bold, staying out in the open. I'd also second Phormictopus and Avicularia as "active", though my tarantulas rarely move continually.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I will second LPs as being active tarantulas. Once they reach a certain size they become quite bold, staying out in the open. I'd also second Phormictopus and Avicularia as "active", though my tarantulas rarely move continually.
Which a healthy T shouldn't be anyway, they would be wasting too much energy, but I do have spiders that move every couple of hours so I consider that pretty active.

Wasabiroot

Arachnopeon
Which a healthy T shouldn't be anyway, they would be wasting too much energy, but I do have spiders that move every couple of hours so I consider that pretty active.
True. I should have phrased that as "shouldn't be moving around much". They're not very active animals to begin with, like most poikilotherms.

=:cool:

awiec

Arachnoprince
True. I should have phrased that as "shouldn't be moving around much". They're not very active animals to begin with, like most poikilotherms.

=:cool:
Oh I wasn't correcting you, just adding on tis all. Though when it hits 7:30 pm my Thrixopelma cyaneolum springs to life and starts moving around, ironic that my most active spider is an old WC terrestrial when I have all these young aboreals