Tapinauchenius sp. Union Island

TheSanguineSaint

Arachnosquire
Has anyone found the adult size for this T?
I havent but was talking to a guy who keeps the Tap familys ghost tarantula and orange tree tarantula. Cant remember the latin sorry. He says that all his Tap tarantula are kept the same as those types and that the Union Island will mock the ghost almost exactly. Hes been a spider expert for over 40 years. Maybe looking those kind up will give you an idea of what an adult can get to

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Mine was out and about (and didn't run into a burrow/tunnel when I touched the enclosure) for the first time today. I've seen flashes for prey takedowns, but never out in the open.

She (hopeful) ended up running away from the wax worm shortly after this photo. It wriggled and she panicked. All is well, she doesn't need to eat any more until the next moult.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Mine was out and about (and didn't run into a burrow/tunnel when I touched the enclosure) for the first time today. I've seen flashes for prey takedowns, but never out in the open.

She (hopeful) ended up running away from the wax worm shortly after this photo. It wriggled and she panicked. All is well, she doesn't need to eat any more until the next moult.
Wow:astonished: she's ehm, fat. :p

To add to this thread; i have the T.violaceus (purple tree spider, silly common name..)
She's fast if she wants to be, which is not as often as i thought she'd be. If you house her in a bigger enclosure than you would for say, an Avic of that size, they'll just make a dirt curtain burrow and flash for cover when disturbed. But as long as they haven't established a burrow... Man, she was difficult! Rearing up and zippy every time i needed to do feeding or maintenance. But after that, she gives me no trouble at all.
She likes it a bit more humid, i hose down her enclosure once a month and i can always see her after that, cleaning the glass. Which is silly because she has a full waterdish at all times.
She's a bit picky with food. Dubia are a no no, as are superworms. She seems to prefer crickers or locusts.
I love her colour. So shiny and velvety:smug:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Wow:astonished: she's ehm, fat. :p
Haha, very fat. This is what happens when she hides 99% of the time so I don't know her size, but still eats when I feed her.

I've offered crickets, meal worms, freshly moulted meal worm pupae, wax worms, and wax moths. She's not refused any. No roaches available for hobbyists here in Canada, unfortunately.

wormwood____

Arachnopeon
I got 4 from Tom, and thankfully / surprisingly & the largest and fastest growing individual appears to be female. (im typing this on mobile and it wont letlme upload a pic :( )
Pics of the adult females seem to have a blackish purple sheen on the legs and then a metallic green carapace, when freshly molted atleast. its 1.5" and like my other 3 are still gray and arent showing any cool coloration yet

Also something interesting i noticed is that on tarantula canada's website, the sling pic for Tapinauchenius sp. 'Union Island' (same species as 'caribbean diamond') has an orange colored patch on the abdomen, but none of my slings nor any ive seen people own have this patch. So im wondering if this is a trait that maybe the 2nd instars have and strangely lose when they molt into 3rd instar, or maybe they accidentally uploaded the wrong sling pic?