Tapinauchenius sp. Union Island

Mizzerat

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to find more info on Tapinauchenius sp. Union Island, its sold by Tarantula Canada, but trying to research this specific species has turned nothing up really. Anyone have any info or anything?

Yanose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Taps in general are quit fast i can tell you that. their care is similar to that of Psalmos unless their is something specific care wise to this species. have you tried looking up the environmental conditions in Union island that could help. other wise i keep my Taps like i keep my Psalmos.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to find more info on Tapinauchenius sp. Union Island, its sold by Tarantula Canada, but trying to research this specific species has turned nothing up really. Anyone have any info or anything?

Have you contacted Martin at TC to see what he and wife say? If you have, what did you learn?

Mizzerat

Arachnopeon
Yes I did contact them! Amanda told me basically what Yanose said. Keep it like an Avic or Psalmos, they are super fast, and apparently a little heartier than Avic's. I ordered one from them with eight other slings, I should be getting them late next week. Super excited! :D

Yanose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my tap is a pretty girl but she can teleport and she is jumpy i am always sure to keep a catch cup handy when ever i do cage maintenance in case she bolts.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes I did contact them! Amanda told me basically what Yanose said. Keep it like an Avic or Psalmos, they are super fast, and apparently a little heartier than Avic's. I ordered one from them with eight other slings, I should be getting them late next week. Super excited! :D

That genus is widely considered by many to be the fastest T known in the hobby.

louise f

Arachnoangel
One of my friends she gave me her Tapis because after one of them jumped on her,she was affraid of them, so yeah they are fast, faster than most.
If not the fastest.

TheSanguineSaint

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone!

Just got my a a sling in...I have never seen such a fuzzy baby wowow and shes already rearing up at me lol. Such a pretty dusty blueish color. Im off to chapters to see what I can find apparently theres a book. We'll see. Im going to call my spider guy and ask him what he suggests for more online info. Will let you know.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Just got my a a sling in...I have never seen such a fuzzy baby wowow and shes already rearing up at me lol. Such a pretty dusty blueish color. Im off to chapters to see what I can find apparently theres a book. We'll see. Im going to call my spider guy and ask him what he suggests for more online info. Will let you know.
Thanks for the bump forward, I also just got a sling on Saturday please post what you find. Thanks!

TheSanguineSaint

Arachnosquire
The adults are goregous! I will post pics of my sling as soon as my close close camera lens arrives...tomorrow I think. We are calling it Bolt lol. It is the prettiest sling I have ever seen with its almost blue fuzzy legs. Will post pics asap. Im keeping her(fingers crossed) the same as our A avic. in regards to temp and humidity. There also seem to be several "care" sheets for the orange tree spider which is in the Tap family. I would think they are also found in the wild in identical conditions. I am curious as to how yall keep yours too. I cant wait to see the species at the reptile expo in Missisauga next weekend YAY!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I keep my union island slings the same way I kept my T.gigas. They are both doing well, each of them has molted twice in just a few months.

Growth rates are pretty fast and they have great appetites, looking forward to seeing their adult coloration.

Does anyone know if this and the "Caribbean diamond" are one in the same? They look quite similar.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
My 3 I got a few weeks ago are very small, but surprisingly good eaters.

I too, am very interested in their species.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
My 3 I got a few weeks ago are very small, but surprisingly good eaters.

I too, am very interested in their species.
No way man didn't know you got some of these, did I get you on board or was this something you wanted for some time?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
No way man didn't know you got some of these, did I get you on board or was this something you wanted for some time?
They were 5 for 25, same with H sp Columbia large. They're also gorgeous. I hear they're a nice purple as adult females.kind of an impulse buy really haha

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
They were 5 for 25, same with H sp Columbia large. They're also gorgeous. I hear they're a nice purple as adult females.kind of an impulse buy really haha
Haha totally get it man. The picture of the female on tarcans website looks great, love the coloration. Fantastic deal too, doesn't get any better then that.