Something I found interesting

Finitefeather

Arachnopeon
ok so I know this is probably relatively common but I just found it interesting. I was watching a scorpling which left its mothers back about 2.5 weeks ago, it was waking around then I saw it walk up to a new scorpion with babies that popped yesterday then I climbed on to its back and grabbed one of the newly born scorplings and ate it litterally right in front of the mother before walking off. upload_2018-10-9_16-28-20.jpeg The two scorplings are circled in red

NYAN

Arachnoking
ok so I know this is probably relatively common but I just found it interesting. I was watching a scorpling which left its mothers back about 2.5 weeks ago, it was waking around then I saw it walk up to a new scorpion with babies that popped yesterday then I climbed on to its back and grabbed one of the newly born scorplings and ate it litterally right in front of the mother before walking off. View attachment 289010 The two scorplings are circled in red
Which species is this? I didn’t know scorpions were allowed as pets in Hawaii.

Finitefeather

Arachnopeon
Which species is this? I didn’t know scorpions were allowed as pets in Hawaii.
It is Isometrus maculatus, they are a introduced species. There is a forested area just down the road from me with hundreds and hundreds. I went out with a black light and counted 64 on and around a single tree.

NYAN

Arachnoking
It is Isometrus maculatus, they are a introduced species. There is a forested area just down the road from me with hundreds and hundreds. I went out with a black light and counted 64 on and around a single tree.
That’s very cool! I didn’t know Hawaii had scorpions, let alone a buthid species. Are they sold as pets? What’s the venom like?

Finitefeather

Arachnopeon
That’s very cool! I didn’t know Hawaii had scorpions, let alone a buthid species. Are they sold as pets? What’s the venom like?
Yeah I have seen on YouTube some people who have/used to keep them. I looked up their venom level and it seems from what I read to be 2 out of five.

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
I really like these guys~ One species that i really wanna get eventually! I just love their slender spindly build.