1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Finitefeather, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Finitefeather

Finitefeather Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    ok so I know this is probably relatively common but I just found it interesting. I was watching a scorpling which left its mothers back about 2.5 weeks ago, it was waking around then I saw it walk up to a new scorpion with babies that popped yesterday then I climbed on to its back and grabbed one of the newly born scorplings and ate it litterally right in front of the mother before walking off. upload_2018-10-9_16-28-20.jpeg The two scorplings are circled in red

2. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA
    Which species is this? I didn’t know scorpions were allowed as pets in Hawaii.

3. Finitefeather

It is Isometrus maculatus, they are a introduced species. There is a forested area just down the road from me with hundreds and hundreds. I went out with a black light and counted 64 on and around a single tree.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA
    That’s very cool! I didn’t know Hawaii had scorpions, let alone a buthid species. Are they sold as pets? What’s the venom like?

5. Finitefeather

Yeah I have seen on YouTube some people who have/used to keep them. I looked up their venom level and it seems from what I read to be 2 out of five.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BenLeeKing

BenLeeKing Arachnosquire Active Member

I really like these guys~ One species that i really wanna get eventually! I just love their slender spindly build.

• Like Like x 1