So, I found this poor thing...

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
They hate my spiders because they think I’ll always be single because of them.
First of all, pets or no pets, a decent chunk of people are really happiest being single. If that's your goal, stick with it.

Next, while you will eliminate some potential mates who are arachnophobes by keeping tarantulas, there is also the possibility of finding someone awesome who will come to appreciate them. I certainly did. My GF got me two tarantulas for my birthday last year, and this year she got me a real painting (on canvas) of a B. smithi. She is also fine with me putting 38 tarantulas in the dining room of the house we're about to move into. People like her are out there.

Campi95

Arachnosquire
That doesn't look like cardboard at all - it's a piece of dry birch tree bark, unless my eyes are betraying me! I mean, it's thin and curly and doesn't make any better hiding spot for a T than cardboard does... but details like this just bother me, haha.

Anyway, nice work. Always nice to see not only that T getting a better life but also stories about educating people to better understand tarantulas.

Really...? You might just be right! It was so old, so floppy and wet looking, and so flimsy I couldn’t even think of it being anything but wet paper-ish tissue. That being said, it was in my hand for three seconds, just long enough for it to go straight into the trash.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
My GF got me two tarantulas for my birthday last year, and this year she got me a real painting (on canvas) of a B. smithi.
That was so nice of her to give you a painting like that. My sister actually did the same for me last Christmas. She painted me an Araneus diadematus (which is probably my favorite true spider) and now it hangs on my wall. One of the best presents she's ever given me I think! I think it's so kind when the people you know go out of their way to find something they think you'll like.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
First of all, pets or no pets, a decent chunk of people are really happiest being single. If that's your goal, stick with it.

Next, while you will eliminate some potential mates who are arachnophobes by keeping tarantulas, there is also the possibility of finding someone awesome who will come to appreciate them. I certainly did. My GF got me two tarantulas for my birthday last year, and this year she got me a real painting (on canvas) of a B. smithi. She is also fine with me putting 38 tarantulas in the dining room of the house we're about to move into. People like her are out there.
Not that I have ever found.