Slowest grower in your collection.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Now here is someone that knows how i feel. They have a very small appetite.. And to boot they hold out on molting for what seems like an eternity!! It seems they are trying to boycott the hobby. {D
in retrospect after posting i went and checked my sling out and i'm pretty sure mine is growing at what would be considered proper rate. i guess the fact that it is the only one (along with my versi) that is refusing to succumb to powerfeeding is what is getting me the most.

all of my other slings are growing at paces that are impressive (my irminia, holy cow, reemerged at least 1/2" bigger today :D). as reference point, i believe my pulchripes is around the same age, moults about the same time, but its easily got a 1/4-1/3" on that dinky euathlus... *dramatic sigh*

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Of those being fed fairly regularly,G pulchra, followed by L klugi (which didn't make sense at all) up until the klugi's previous molt. :)

Of maturing indivs whose feeding reg has been cut way back, I'd have to say that A geniculata and N tripepii run a close tie. B boehmei are still growing at a comparatively rapid rate- which again.....doesn't make ANY sense 'tall! {D

Terry

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Some of the brachypelma that are considered slower growing seem to do very well if fed like crazy. The Fattest Ts ive seen people own are Brachypelma. Seems even after a molt they look fat. I think they are under fed because they appear to be fatter when fed even normally. "underfed" from a powerfeeders prespective. :p

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aphonopelma moderatum that I purchased about 1 and 1/2 years ago at 1/4" and is only 5/16". At this rate, it may take 2 to 3 decades for it to mature.

Art

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C.fasciatum.From a pinhead to fingernail size.(Jan1st,2010 till now)

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aphonopelma moderatum that I purchased about 1 and 1/2 years ago at 1/4" and is only 5/16". At this rate, it may take 2 to 3 decades for it to mature.

Art
lol. thats no joke. i acquired a female in 2004 from a LPS at about 1/2"-3/4". molted three times in my care the most recent being last october and she measured about 1-1/2" before she passed on.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My slowest grower is the pseudhaplopus sp. blue it as about 3/4 in and i have had it a year and a half!

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I got a wee .75" B. emilia back in 2004. She is now 1.5"..... sigh... She eats like a champ. Just.. doesnt grow.

JohnMatthew

Arachnopeon
G. rosea hasn't grown at all in the last year, but she's only eaten 4 times.

C. crawshayi definitely my slowest, regularly eating T.