1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slowest grower in your collection.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by AgentD006las, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Advertisement
    in retrospect after posting i went and checked my sling out and i'm pretty sure mine is growing at what would be considered proper rate. i guess the fact that it is the only one (along with my versi) that is refusing to succumb to powerfeeding is what is getting me the most.

all of my other slings are growing at paces that are impressive (my irminia, holy cow, reemerged at least 1/2" bigger today :D). as reference point, i believe my pulchripes is around the same age, moults about the same time, but its easily got a 1/4-1/3" on that dinky euathlus... *dramatic sigh*

2. Of those being fed fairly regularly,G pulchra, followed by L klugi (which didn't make sense at all) up until the klugi's previous molt. :)

Of maturing indivs whose feeding reg has been cut way back, I'd have to say that A geniculata and N tripepii run a close tie. B boehmei are still growing at a comparatively rapid rate- which again.....doesn't make ANY sense 'tall! :wicked:

Terry

3. my b. smithi takin 4 ever lol

4. AgentD006las

AgentD006las Arach-how about..NO

Some of the brachypelma that are considered slower growing seem to do very well if fed like crazy. The Fattest Ts ive seen people own are Brachypelma. Seems even after a molt they look fat. I think they are under fed because they appear to be fatter when fed even normally. "underfed" from a powerfeeders prespective. :p

5. presurcukr

presurcukr Arachnolord

you can say that again

6. Aschamne

Aschamne Arachnobaron Old Timer

Aphonopelma moderatum that I purchased about 1 and 1/2 years ago at 1/4" and is only 5/16". At this rate, it may take 2 to 3 decades for it to mature.

Art

7. brian abrams

brian abrams Arachnosquire

My slowest growers

My A Chalcodes, A Paysoni, and New River Rust rump slings.

8. BrettG

BrettG Arachnoprince

C.fasciatum.From a pinhead to fingernail size.(Jan1st,2010 till now)

9. Jorpion

Jorpion Arachnobaron

G. pulchripes
    G. rosea
    A. spp Flagstaff

10. lol. thats no joke. i acquired a female in 2004 from a LPS at about 1/2"-3/4". molted three times in my care the most recent being last october and she measured about 1-1/2" before she passed on.

11. My slowest grower is the pseudhaplopus sp. blue it as about 3/4 in and i have had it a year and a half!

12. Zman181

Zman181 Arachnoknight

N.Y.
    That's one Cute Sling!

13. OldHag

OldHag ArachnoHag Old Timer

I got a wee .75" B. emilia back in 2004. She is now 1.5"..... sigh... She eats like a champ. Just.. doesnt grow.

14. JohnMatthew

JohnMatthew Arachnopeon

G. rosea hasn't grown at all in the last year, but she's only eaten 4 times.

C. crawshayi definitely my slowest, regularly eating T.